Wahoominati Jersey+ : Spot the kit. Xoom Xoom!

…and more leaks. This can only mean one thing. The wahoominati must be getting close to a team store announcement :man_shrugging:t3: #twaaw

10 Likes

For riding indoors I can never get enough base layers.

I’ve considered buying a gilet for fashion and in case I some day ride outside and it happens to be cool but… that would be a rare day for me lol. And if I needed a gilet my hands would freeze first. :grimacing:

But lots of base layers more me, that’s for sure. That’s what I wear for most of my indoor rides

5 Likes

Well well well, here’s an update for all y’all:

4 Likes

@Glen.Coutts Is the discount based on total pieces purchased or totally people purchasing? I’d gladly pay you tomorrow for a gilet today.

2 Likes

The way I understand it, the discount is based on pieces of each item sold. But because there is a store, we all start at a 20% discount.

Here are the prices for the jersey:

And here is the pricing for the gilet:

2 Likes

CAD? Are we paying in engineer drawings? I’m no longer a drafter.

5 Likes

In case you weren’t joking, it’s Canadian Dollars Sir Evan. That is until Sufferlandrian currency is given it’s due by the International Monetary Fund.

7 Likes

Yes. It did take me a second to realize it wasn’t USD when I first saw the prices were higher than when I first looked. Lol. But if we ever get to pay is SUF holy water I’ve got plenty saved up in my rug and towels. :smile:

3 Likes

There’s a little flag icon at the top of the store. You can covert to USD :sunglasses:

Edit; or Australian dollar or Euro or UK Pounds.

3 Likes

I like this idea. I make all kinds of drawings at work, I’ll have one of everything in no time!

4 Likes

Australian dollarbucks?

3 Likes

I’d need a sponsorship for the kit :joy:

It’s been years since I last did any CAD work. Not my favourite actually, would prefer CAE

What would be the unit of measurement I wonder? :thinking: Grams? Millilitres?

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance if I’ve missed the answer to my question on the lengthy thread. In the store at the link, there are only 4 pieces. No bib shorts? Or will more items become available on store opening?

Is this a web store that ships to Europe without customs duties and paperwork?

I recently got some Oakley Plazma’s direct glazed with a high prescription done in the UK and sent back to me in Belgium. It was the biggest pain every and cost me an extra 90 euros? Took months!!

If shipping is straight forward with no extra costs, I could be tempted!

Last question, how is the sizing compared to the likes of Castelli? If I am XL Castelli, will I be size L ?

3 Likes

Bless the Wahoominati and all of his their efforts in this worthy project. I may have to beg the Mrs. for $$$ for a retirement present.

That said, no SOCKS @Glen.Coutts???

:thinking:

5 Likes

Hey Colin @FatSprinter, there are indeed only 4 items. Initially I thought I’d just make a jersey but thought the baselayer, cap and gilet would be nice additions. I’m pretty fussy about bibshorts personally and guessing others may be too, and having not tried them didn’t want to experiment. The 4 items that are available would mix pretty well with any pair of black bibs you might already have.

I also thought that the “customer” base for wahoominati kit is likely quite small so wanted to enhance the chances of the greatest discount for folks that do decide to purchase.

As for fit, Jakroo has a fit recommendation tool that suggests to me that chest size is the more critical measurement but they HIGHLY suggest completing that tool BEFORE you order, it shows up at the top of the store when you click the link. They got back to me in less than an hour.

I’m 180cm 95kg and chest measures 105cm. Their recommended size for me is Large with the standard fit for the jersey (slim would likely be too snug given my current, erm, girth, and relaxed would likely be not snug enough given my preferred fit of snug but not too tight).

As for customs, I don’t think there’ll be an issue with shipping to Belgium as I understand they regularly ship worldwide, but, I don’t know for sure so if you want more info you’d have to contact them. There’s more info on pricing and shipping on their site.

I also understand that turnaround from store closing to receipt of your order is often less than 2 weeks.

@FatSprinter Edit: I followed up with them for personal clarification and they made their rec based on my preferred fit of snug but not too tight, and a stated willingness to go a bit snugger in anticipation of losing some of my, ermmm, winter weight. They came back and said if I want the best fit for my current measurements, then I should go to XL which I will. I’d rather it get looser over the season than not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I really REALLY wanted socks too Sir but Jakroo doesn’t do them. I’m not sure why. I woulda figured that’d be a given.

6 Likes

Maybe down the road. Have the Wahoominati save that template…

:thinking:

4 Likes

I love that there’s a base layer in the selection. I have more than enough jerseys, and can’t justify applying the jersey version of the n+1 rule. But I can see another base layer in my near future!

4 Likes

Oh, but Sir Wayne @way9e0, that jersey is The Bomb! Tbh, that’s how I feel about the gilet. I like it A LOT, but I’ve already got 4 and I LOVE my laser goat gilet. So, my order will be a jersey, base layer and cap.

3 Likes

I totally agree Sir @Glen.Coutts. I would love to get one, but just can’t bring myself to add to the collection when I have more than enough for my current use.

2 Likes