What are your tips for the Tour's rookie?

Not dumb and no need. The app tracks your results and progress. Look in the progress section of the app and awards. It’ll be right at the top with details.

4 Likes

Glen - Grazie! I see there it gives the hours remaining to complete the stage. Awesome. Another question. I see there’s a Women’s History month challenge. Unlike the tour, I don’t see a details link so I searched for it here and found the workouts and added them to my calendar for after the tour. Question- Did I miss the announcement in my feed or is there a forum for monthly challenges? I’m a Tottenham Hotspur fan and my trophy display is as bare as theirs. I can’t have that! Thanks.

3 Likes

Ignore my previous question. Found it. I’m so quick to suffer I jump straight to my scheduled workout and skip the informative feed. Thanks again!

1 Like

I love your banter man lol. Go get your trophies! You deserve it

3 Likes

Thanks! One trophy I will not get is Knight of Sufferlandia. My god that is brutal. Props to all the Knights!

2 Likes

Eat & drink well, don’t skimp on the carbs. There is an excellent thread on this forum from one of the coaches about fuelling for rides/tours, will find the link.

Also consider this quote, not sure who it was from: never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down! And also: never eat donuts…they are Couchlandrian trickery. :doughnut:

5 Likes
2 Likes

You wont regret it. It’s not nearly as bad as you think… :wink:

4 Likes

Geraint Thomas I think, sans the donut part, he’d say welsh cake and he’d condone it

1 Like

Had a feeling it was him yeah! Probably in one of his “xxxxx according to G” books. Funny & insightful reads, if anyone’s interested. I bet welsh cakes are great bike fuel (not a fan personally but look full of energy).

2 Likes

(it is…it very much is.)

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

We could tell it will all be fine…but that would be lying. :volcano:

If you search the forums or go to the Challenges and Achievements category here, there’s been an announcement of the monthly challenges since they started these things later last year. Here is the March one.

1 Like

you can do it. It just takes a plan. Seriously. I was soooo daunted by the title and having read stories of other Knights prior to doing my own but I coveted the OG decal and kit. I used the MTP and made it my Mt. Sufferlandria (Mt. Sufferelandria was renamed Big Mountain so as not to scare the newbies). 1 year of planning later and BOOM. GvA’s your uncle!

FWIW, if you can be a Spurs fan, you can be a Knight. It’s gotta be hard to be a fan of that sad lot :wink: I honestly know next to nothing about football but assume from your post that your team isn’t exactly top of the pops :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement Glen. An incentive for me is to make GVA my b*tch (pardon the salty language but I live amongst seamen). I hit another milestone birthday this year so maybe I’ll use the knight quest as a goal. Either I’ll achieve it or past the quest on to my children. :joy:

You have the essence of being a Spurs fan. It’s equivalent to being a Mets fan in baseball. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Each season starts with so much hope only for reality to come crashing in.

3 Likes

Excellent! I STRONGLY recommend using the MTP. It has helped me to achieve things I seriously NEVER thought possible for myself. I also STRONGLY recommend finding another team :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Haha :joy: There’s a saying amongst Spurs fans (and I suspect many a soccer fan) “It’s the hope that kills you.”

Dumb question- MTP?

3 Likes

Not dumb. Mental Training Plan. It’s a series of modules with a workbook (printable or fillable PDF). It basically walks you through the process of identifying your Mt. SUF, then developing a comprehensive plan to see it come to fruition. It’s SUFFING brilliant. I still after 6 years, will return to some of the modules for a booster and, like I said, I have used it to great effect to achieve things I had thought inconceivable.

It features the voice of the inimitable Sir Dylan Robbins (ex of the Sufferfest and a sad loss to the community when The Company let him and some other OG SUF minions go in one of two rounds of terminations last year). His absence in the Wahoolimabob Tour is strongly felt.

We are keeping an eye on The Company though. The wahoominati are always watching. #twaaw

Xoom Xoom!

4 Likes

Looks like we have a new recruit!!! :grin:

3 Likes

giphy

5 Likes