What's the point of downloading videos?

People like you are the ones who make me not even one to be part of this place.

Yes, I am an idiot when it comes to software, pardon my ignorance. Seems some of us are better than others.

@CBrweer Wifi and Bluetooth don’t always get along. If you haven’t already, try switching your router from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz or just use Ant+. I have been fortunate that most days I don’t have an issue but every once in a while I have to reconnect my Bluetooth sensors and sometimes do a delete and reinstall.

10 years ago Sufferfest was a company that just sold videos and Wahoo had just started launching their 1st smart trainer. We would have been blow away back then if we had what is available today but of course now that we have it we are collectively never satisfied.

I don’t envy programmers trying to put together code today to make things work with the plethora of sensors and trainers and aggregation platforms while hackers try messing with them and/or grab customer data.

4 Likes

You NEVER could or should be able to move a ride to the Great Outdoors under the Sufferfest/Wahoo banners. Yes, years ago, there was a relationship with TrainerRoad, but they, and many of us out here, built the ride profiles and then they could be moved ‘outdoors’. That was never the intent of the program. There is a new video renderer coming in the future that will allow movement of rides to an outdoors setting, but some rides will and should NEVER be ridden outdoors.
As to software, I’ve been in this business for decades. I’ve had systems completely wiped out while using products. That shouldn’t happen with SYSTM. At not at the release to the public level. If you had such an issue, open a support ticket as these are consistered, IMHO, a ‘show stopper’ and all efforts should be made to ensure this will NOT happen in the future. The only time I had to reload videos is when The Sufferfest moved to SYSTM due to a change in the file layout AND file encryption.

FYI - those plans are still available - they just haven’t been updated. I use them from time to populate my TP calendar and then make edits to add the updated workouts.

1 Like

no need to download THAT video :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I think if you are doing a plan it should automatically download the video for the next few workouts and then automatically delete them for you. That way most people would never need to do anything.

1 Like

I see this as a tremendous waste of bandwidth and server resources. If you wanted that, just ride online if you can. Otherwise download and keep. My suggestion if you are using a device limited on space it to put them on an SD card. It is very possible to move all of the SYSTEM files to such media.

With people like you about I can see why other people have given up on this forum.

It is not the space availability of your HDD/SSD that is the limiting factor. Apparently there is a space restriction in the APP itself.

Sounds like a big you problem, to be honest.

My experience is similar to many others here. I have, very occasionally, had app problems; I don’t recall ever having a workout hanging or crashing halfway through, but I’ve found that sometimes a lack of a reliable wifi connection confuses the app, so that it thinks I’m logged out or that connecting to the sensors is difficult. Usually turning the wifi off on the computer temporarily sorts it. Similarly, I’ve occasionally had to re-download workouts, but it’s usually when they’ve been updated or similar.

I must confess to struggling somewhat with the rather forthright “I have this issue AND THAT IS EVERYONE’S PROBLEM” approach to some of these things. The app isn’t perfect, but frankly I can’t think of a single thing - whether hardware, software or elsewhere in my life - that works perfectly all the time. Let’s cut these people some slack.

4 Likes

In support of people with problems, I will say that I’ve had many more problems with SYSTM than I’ve had with Zwift and Trainerroad and before that the predecessor of Rouvy going back to 2013 or so… I joined SYSTM about a year ago and had many problems with sensors and weird workout behaviors despite having essentially no problems on the exact same setup with Zwift and Trainerroad. Minions were always very responsive, and after a few months it settle down pretty well. I haven’t been on again since the WX got good this spring, but will be again with winter approaching. I’m looking forward to seeing how that goes and also exploring RGT.

1 Like

I’m curious to know what this limitation is. I currently have 74 GB of SYSTM workouts downloaded.

1 Like

No idea. I did ask that specific question when support advised me that there was a limit in the app itself. Never received a reply.

2 Likes

I’ve not hit that one in either application, The Sufferfest nor SYSTM. Do you lose the ability to download further videos if you attempt to do so? Do you lose the ability to play them back? That seems like an issue with your device and not the programs (I have run into the former and it appears that I ran out of the ability to create new files as I hit the OS file marker limit in the directory/folder structure).

1 Like

Are you certain you downloaded the file? My reply has hints in it for why I think this. The download portion of the program does a file consistency check and if it’s not good, will attempt to connect to the Wahoo content servers.
One thing I want you to check is if there is a GREEN checkmark in the ‘camera’ icon of the video you are trying to play. If it is present, then file a bug report. The file may be corrupt either on your computer or on the Wahoo content server you are connecting to.

1 Like

I have used Sufferfest since well before Wahoo got involved. I quickly learned that streaming workouts was a path to frustration so I have always downloaded them. I have rarely had problems doing downloaded workouts before or after Wahoo. I always assumed they downloaded locally, but being somewhat tech averse did not know that locally could be the app on my laptop and not my HD, if indeed that is the case.

2 Likes