Which trainer are you using?

I have used a fluid2 trainer for 20 years almost and yesterday it started making noise…

Might be needing advice on a new turbo trainer. Might be time to go “smart”. Any advice of this upgrading process?

Adam

1 Like

I am using a kickr core had it about 2 years and i love it. My pain cave has been moved outside at the moment due to the nice weather. I am having to turn it around each day to ensure i get an even tan.

9 Likes

That is a BIG screen!

1 Like

1st Gen Tacx Neo (first unit to land in the country!), 2.5hp AC, and a rocker-plate I use on/off.
This used to be the “living room”, but daddy is now living in Sufferlandria, kids, so the room had come too.

6 Likes

KICKR CORE was a Christmas present. Hacked climb is a fun project

10 Likes

My old CAAD9 road frame (outfitted with 10-speed Campy Centaur) mounted to a Tacx Flux Smart S in the rear & a custom fork mount up front, with fans fore & aft. All synced to a Mac Mini through a Suunto ANT+ dongle.

1 Like

Cervelo S3 on a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine with Garmin Vector 3 pedals, HR monitor, and speed sensor. I use a MacBook with a Ant+ dongle

1 Like

Elite suito (works great on erg mode) and a minoura dumb trainer

1 Like

Being a cheapskate, I’m using a Kinetic R1, which is adequate. I confess I prefer my old Road Machine and Wahoo sensors, though, as the power curves were prettier! MacBook Pro with or without ANT+ dongle depending on if I feel like messing with it (there’s a lot of extra hooking up to do now that Apple has gone strictly USB-C but ANT+ does seem to work better with the trainer than BT ) or iPad to run the app.

2 Likes

CycleOps Magnus for me.

The forum looks really nice. Well done, Team!

2 Likes

I’ve gone from rollers to dumb trainer to Kinetic Road Machine Bluetooth. Never thought I’d get to virtual power but there you go. I still remember fondly the rollers and RPE for many a year. When (if) I move house then a Wahoo Bike set up in a training room is the dream. Until then, I have trainer will travel - my portable pain cave is… the kitchen, the spare room, the bedroom, the hall or the garden.

3 Likes

My humble abode :slight_smile:

Been using a KICKR 2017 for a few years now. Before that I had a KK Roadmachine.

4 Likes

I’m on a Tacx Flux over BT from my Windows machine. Still the odd niggle with power targets, but so much more GvA-style fun than when I was on a dumb trainer with my Stages power meter.

1 Like

Spinning in an Elite Direto II. I’ve used AppleTV 4K, a MAC and now using a Win10 PC on a 42” tv mounted to an articulating wall mount so I can move it out of the way and use as a monitor while working at the desk.

This is from a few months ago so what you don’t see in the pic is the recently added Suf towel hanging on the wall next to the bike to catch any dripping holy water during recovery sections.

8 Likes

I have a Tacx Bushido parked in my office with a 40" TV on my desk all set up through apple TV and run through my phone.

I’ll link a pick later as i’m gonna do Full frontal in a min! Yay happy days.

2 Likes

Hammer H1 and my Planet X that I accidentally ordered a size too small :joy:

1 Like

TacX Genius connected to MacMini powered by Trek 1.5C. It’s a state of the ark configuration, but does the job.

7 Likes

Elite Direto X
Just received it to replace a faulty Elite Direto and haven’t really used it yet, but did get it set up yesterday.

2 Likes

elite direto, industrial fan and just waiting on my first set of rollers to fall off :sunglasses: :joy:

1 Like

Kickr Core for me, just replaced an old Tacx Bushido and love it…

1 Like