Why we Suffer: How the Tour helps those with Parkinson's Live Well Today

The Tour isn’t just about Honor, Glory, and Victory (though it certainly is about that). It’s about raising critical funds for the Davis Phinney Foundation and their programs that help those affected by Parkinson’s.

Here’s a reminder of why we Suffer, and why Every Victory Counts.

10 Likes

Great reminder. Thank you!

I‘m excited for the tour and can‘t wait to raise some funds for DPF with our Team Mods ‘n’ Rockers :grinning:http://dpf.convio.net/goto/SUForumMods .

(Shameless pitch)

It‘s the thought behind the event that makes it so special… and the personal challenge, of course.

1 Like

Thanks Dylan, its even more personal now as I found out yesterday that my brothers wife was diagnosed with Parkinson’s.

3 Likes

Oh man, Gerry. So sorry to hear that. Let us Suffer mightily for her and everyone else affected by Parkinson’s, so that they don’t have to.

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear that, Gerry. Gives us extra motivation to raise funds! Please let her know we’re riding for her.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words, is it the 14th yet?

1 Like

Thank you David, this means a lot and I will let Lynda know of all the support she and all the other Parkinson’s patients have from our great nation.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity; is DPF only working in the US, or is it a worldwide organization? I could not find any specific information on the website (thus assuming it is US only).

Davis is a class act. He signed my 7-Eleven jersey many years ago ( mailed it to him).

2 Likes

US I think, but their online resources look very good and are available to anyone

1 Like

From the director of DPF. "We work worldwide! Our resources were accessed by people in 147 countries last year.”

5 Likes

Brilliant @GJStache53 and @DameLisa, thanks!

1 Like

If anyone wants to know more about Team DPF who organize all of the fundraising and they are our braintrust into the Davis Phinney Foundation (DPF) tag me and I will answer your questions and I have two awesome contacts within Team DPF who are also here in the Forum. @rebecca_teamdpf and @LaurenTeamDPF

2 Likes

Oh Gerry, that hits close to home. Of course you know we’re here for you and your sis in law! Copy of the EVC?

1 Like

Including several folks from the Faroe Islands!

1 Like

2 Likes

I think that would be good but I am trying not to overwhelm them with info. They are signed up for next months Newly Diagnosed seminar.

Sounds good!

Rich Cook

1 Like