2 RGT questions

@Robin-RGT-FB-mod thanks, I did have to open the Sensors tab to ‘wake t up’ as you call it. I guess it makes some sense that it picks up the bike both with Bluetooth and Ant+ but why does it pick it up three times? However, like you said, I found something that works.

As far as ending the ride, I did select MENU, but I clicked NO, as the question is state on screen “Would you like to Finish your ride?” I didn’t want to finish the ride, I wanted to end it. Again, really bad execution on the app. Why in the world would you have to answer YES? At least I know now.

So I spoke with my daughter who happens to speak French about the question “Would you like to Finish your ride?” She said that is a reasonable translation of the word ‘END’ to ‘FINISH’. So that is the answer, the program is using the word ‘FINISH’ to mean ‘END’. In that strictly word translation context it now makes sense.

Unfortunately for those who speak American English, particularly in the context of the situation and the wording of the question, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Yet another reason detailed instructions on the use of the app would be in order.

1 Like

That caught me out before too :rofl::neutral_face: I take things literally.
Wanting to finish a ride to me means continue until the end. As in, an interruption occurred and the ride was paused and one would want to carry one riding. Ending a ride means stopping at that point.

I like your persistence in this thread. Very impressed you kept at it. I gave up a long time ago. RGT is a worthless benefit to me as a WahooX user. :man_shrugging:t3: It is likely a useful tool to others but I lack the aptitude to jump through hoops to make it work.

I trust you will find your way around now and enjoy the RGT benefits. :metal:t3:

1 Like

@Dan you and I think alike. Maybe the easiest fix is to not change the verbiage. The MENU says EXIT RIDE. The question in the popup should mirror that and say “Would you like to EXIT your ride?

What you call persistence my wife loving says Too Damn Stubborn To Give Up. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Let me get a few more rides on it under my belt and I will let you know if it’s worth the effort. After just one ride it seems a bit more difficult than Systm would be on the same ride. Maybe that’s just because of the ride I chose.

My primary interest is getting climb data that Systm doesn’t provide. I’m not sure if I read this or it’s just a wish, but being able to load Sufferfest rides particularly into RGT would be fun.

1 Like

Let me know how it goes. Choose your next route wisely :wink:

I am curious about your sentiments to your

as there is a notion amongst those who do not believe in a virtual ride is accumulating elevation gain when one hasn’t actually left the pain cave. Similarly there is a notion amongst riders to include distance ridden whilst in the pain cave and to dismiss such (elevation and distance) gain.

I am in neither camp. What is it about the climb data you seek?
Have you used Zwift for your climb data? I am not a virtual gamer so I don’t.

1 Like

Dan I am a weak climber. I have a Kickr bike which moves up and down to simulate climbs. While I know it is not a perfect measure, I would still like to have some data. As with most data from an indoor ride, I don’t rely on any one ride as of great value. But I do like to watch trends and relative data.

No I have not tried Zwift yet.

I’ve contemplated whether a good climber or being good at climbing is due to actually just climbing hills on the bike or if it is a result of other strength and endurance efforts that make one good at climbing.

I have chased hitting lots of vertical gain in the past, by running hills for trail and riding hills for riding and I now believe that drills (both riding low cadence and body/weight training) centered towards making my legs stronger is the smarter route to take.

That’s my learning curve, and we are different.

The bit when I did try Zwift, was way easier to get riding than RGT. Trust you have no more fails :+1:t2:

1 Like

I agree, I live in a flat part of the UK so very rarely get to ride hills of any length, yet when I went to Tuscon Arizon and rode Mt Lemmon with the locals, I was (more than) fine, didn’t want to disrespect the locals who were showing me around, but they told me to “just go” up the road

I think that if you have big climbs locally, it will help your climbing as you will attack them regularly, and that will induce the required adaptions, but there are other ways to get the same adaptions

I wanted the climbing meters for a challenge on Strava, so did my itervals in RGT so that I got climbing data, when doing the workout, I think the climbing data got me the cheap jersey from Le Col, but I don’t think it improved my climbing, and I won’t look at it again (track TSS and time in Zone)

1 Like

I am certainly not suggesting that I am knowledgeable regarding how to train for hills (or anything), however, in terms of something that I found provided me with some motivation last spring when I was getting fitter and improving my climbing and FTP, I ‘enjoyed’* riding the Mountain Goats races on Wednesday evenings (UK time) regularly. The competition of trying to keep up with or beat those I typically finished near kept me motivated.

*Type 2 Fun, of course, otherwise you aren’t trying hard enough.

1 Like

@Dan +1. I would also add that either using a KICKR bike or climb or just propping up your front wheel when on the trainer will also help as it will target a slightly different position.

I have found the single leg drills in the strength videos to be very helpful along with videos like GOAT and Power Station plus Sir Boswell’s strength endurance video and Sir Henderson’s Superflag and Rabbit Mountain and also Phil’s KOM videos.

2 Likes

People help me out here. Am I the only one having issues connecting to the RGT server? My failure rate is 66% (2 out of every 3 times I try) I get an error message Can Not connect to RGT server. Go to status.rgtcycling.com for updates. Don’t bother trying that, it is a dead link as well.

Tonight was a perfect example. I tried to connect and got the error message. I tried several more times. Frustrated, I jumped on to Systm and started a No Vid ride while simultaneously streaming a video, so it was not my internet connection.

I did send a support request. I also told them not to renew my annual subscription which is coming up in 5-6 weeks. I have ridden every ride with a video, many more than once. RGT was an opportunity to get some new ride options. When I did get on and a full ride in, I like it a lot. But with that failure rate, I can’t count on having that as part of my subscription. I hop they can figure out what the problem is.

I’ve has one issue of not being able to connect to RGT Surver, was planning a endurance ride and in a furry renewed my zwift subscription, then wasn’t able to update zwift, rebooted my hub and all fixed, so wasted money on a month of zwift that I’ve not used, had no clue that there was any issue with the touter as everything else was working fine

Not had any issues since, including last night and this morning

I’ve never seen that error before.

If you use Facebook you might be best posting details of your issue on the RGT Support group:

1 Like

I will give this a try. Thanks for the suggestion.