Activation after downloading Systm app for windows - thought I'd resolved this but I spoke too soon

Continuing the discussion from How to set up the systm on my lap top?:

What do you mean that you have to redownload the app? Once you’ve downloaded the .exe, doesn’t the app install?

Do you need admin privileges?

Do you have a virus checker active (especially Avast)?

| titanicus
August 14 |

• | - |

What do you mean that you have to redownload the app? Once you’ve downloaded the .exe, doesn’t the app install?—-no it doesn’t install fully.

Do you need admin privileges? -yes it does ask me if I’m the administrator - should I tick ‘yes’?

Do you have a virus checker active (especially Avast)? - Yes avast is my virus programme……it recognises the download as corrupt…… which I ignore.

Thanx!

“It doesn’t install fully”

Can you expand on this? Error messages? At what point does the install fail?

I would try installing as administrator (assuming you have admin privileges on your computer).

I use Avast. It could be worth going into the Avast vault and seeing if the program has quarantined a file needed by SYSTM (it will tell you the original location of the offending file) and releasing it from quarantine. I’ve done this a couple of times with occasional SYSTM updates.

1 Like

AVAST/AVG is a right pain for installing and maintaining SYSTM. If you disable it to install, it goes out straight away and quarantines it. Real bugger. The only way around it is to tell the program it is ok to run and to allow all of the required files to be allowed.

:+1::+1: