🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

I’ll eat my chamois if this ever happens :laughing:

The new name took a while, but it grew on me. Dave says it best, so I’ll just quote him for the rest: " SYSTM . This change represents nearly two years of work, not just on the brand itself, but on what we can offer endurance athletes around the world. It’s about science. About completeness. About never wondering what you should be doing today. An ecosystem of hardware and software working together for you. It’s people like you, united in personal growth. It’s also missing a vowel, which helps it fit in at Wahoo, naturally."

We definitely had some Couchlandrian servers send up the white flag and take a nap earlier today/yesterday - the timestamp of your post lines up with outages in the UK. Sorry about that, but everything’s back to normal now. cc @Sir_Paul

Gotchu Sir

We were hoping we’d have this feature ready for launch, but it’s already designed and coming soon - one of the big ‘little’ things we need to do to improve the quality of the experience :slight_smile:

For modifying workouts, you can dial the workout intensities up or down from the workout player, but it sounds like you’re looking for something a bit more ‘hands on’? Not implemented yet, but on our big board of great ideas. What would you use the tool for and what features would you like to see in a workout builder?

We’re motivated to live up to high expectations like this. More content and features - what are some of the things at the top of your wish list?

I hear you here, the performance was chugging big time earlier - lots of 1s and 0s sent between the app and our servers. We’re already testing performance improvements and have learned some hard lessons on scaling. Drag & drop calendar functionality is coming soon which has been a popular request… what would you like to see or what issues are bothering you the most?

During the testing we did, maintaining strong ties to the identity was highlighted time and again and I’ve reinforced this to Dave and the team. To highlight one little delightful bit of work the team has done, Knights are greeted on the homepage with, “Good morning/afternoon/evening, Sir Jared”. Still lots of things we can do, and I like your idea of a corner of the forum where twitchy hammies can go to sing their song. Perhaps a SUF app colour ‘theme’ to compliment the Light & Dark modes (a pet wish item of mine)? Tour of Sufferlandria is coming into it’s tenth running, that’s going to be bigger than ever. Lots to look forward to from where I sit :slight_smile:

Thanks @samsondi! :hearts:

What type of integration are you looking for with Zwift or other services?

The name took me a while too. Ultimately I hope you come to see this is a win, with The Sufferfest as a huge content channel and the resources for our sports science gurus to develop features that enrich and support the “constant…improvement” of your fitness

SUFCamp feels like a lifetime ago now! Sam able to grow a beard yet?

We’ll discuss more of our roadmap in the future, but the Sports Science team are champing at the bit to bring this to life. cc @Endlessly_Curious - YES! Very hard to do properly - making a machine in the image of a coach’s mind (if you’ll forgive this nerd his Dune reference) - but that’s part of our vision - dynamic, contextually responsive training.

Awesome news!

:hearts:

7 Likes