🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

Yep, sounds like the Mash-Up of all mash-ups.

2 Likes

Can there be Pivot Table jokes? Please?

7 Likes

Only if we can start talking Azure Database and some PowerBI dashboard reporting.

2 Likes

You stop that right now. I don’t come to Suf to talk about work! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:rofl: fair enough.

Someone on the Facebook page also posted randomly about a spreadsheet based workout though.

1 Like

Been playing around with the new app a bit.

First sessions the streaming was wonky but the last 2 days (Holy week and Half is easy) it’s been a lot better (an occasional hiccup of 1 second aside)

The name is starting to grow on me. I still don’t like it but having the Android-app offsets is (for me)

The intro’s with the Systm branding are so bland and boring. They are completely interchangeable. It could just as well be the intro for Trainerroad or Xert

I hope we’ll get some new Sufferfest trainings too (I like the pro rides a lot but they don’t really fit well in a training program) and some trainings need some new footage as well (HD instead of potato resolution)

For the rest I’m really liking the new app. The responsieve of the Neobike (BT) is al lot better then what it was with the old app under Windows (BT and ANT+) This was very nice when doing Half is easy

5 Likes

Uh no … TrainerRoad and Xert are good training platforms but don’t/won’t have intros at all.

I don’t understand why anyone who commits to working through a The Sufferfest workouts dwells on the intros. They’re professional and the right tone for getting into the zone of serious athletic performance, but the workouts themselves are the only reason we do them.

9 Likes

If TR or Xert had videos, this could be an intro for them too (better like that :upside_down_face: )

They are boring AF and, worse, they were good before.

2 Likes

Total disappointment… the feel is gone. My stages sb20 is not showing power… the ui is bland and boring

1 Like

The best intros are the ones where the random people are wearing jerseys with some Sufferfest branding on them. lol.

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting to use SYSTM a bit before I wrote and have done a few rides. I’ve been around since the videos were purchased one at a time as downloadable files. I’ve done the ToS many years in a row. I’m mostly of the opinion/hope as @brent.king1955. But there is one thing that hasn’t been identified as clearly as I think it should be. The entire premise of Wahoo/rebranding/SYSTM is to gain customer base. That customer base will, largely, be attracted to aspects of SYSTM that are not SUF-specific (otherwise, they would have been here earlier). So, what all true Sufferlandrians must acknowledge is the dilution of SUF-ness in the community of SYSTM users as we move forward. So, I reinforce @brent.king1955 in that I hope that Sir David will find ways to keep the Sufferlandrian spirit alive. Hoping or saying that it will be so is clearly an unsuccessful strategy (if SYSTM successfully recruits new users that are not attracted to the Sufferlandrian approach). Maintaining - and growing - the Sufferlandrian community must be an active, intentional objective. I’m on the fence about how that might be achieved, so far.

6 Likes

Yo tampoco entiendo porque han suavisado el contenido de sufferfest, si hemos sido incluidos dentro de systm como un ecosistema mayor, no veo la razón por la cual modificar nuestra naturaleza. Si estoy en SYSTM es por SUFFERFEST

It’s a trap. Trick the Couchlandrians into SYSTM then they’ll find The Sufferfest and once they’re here, they can never leave :slight_smile:

14 Likes

lol, I always took the intros for granted, (and never dwelled on them), but it did get me fired up in nervous pre-race sort of way. And the endings, glorious - like the ah ha I made it feeling of victory.

3 Likes

See you on the Tour of Sufferlandria in Feb?

10 Likes

And this is why The Sufferfest is still – and will grow – in SYSTM.

6 Likes

As ever. I can never leave…

1 Like

Can’t get my head around this stupid ‘Wahooligan’ thing. It’s an ill conceived title and unnecessary in my view.
Turns me off the the thought of spending a week with an infamous ‘Wahooligan’!

4 Likes

It has occurred to me that the Minions are missing a golden opportunity. We, the Knights of Sufferlandria, would make excellent brand ambassadors for the SYSTM. Therefore, I have taken the liberty of creating a draft email that I suggest be sent to all Knights. It is as follows:

Dear Dame or Sir (Insert name here),

We, the Minions of the SYSTM (nee the Sufferfest) recognize that you are well positioned to help us grow our brand. Most of you have friends and family members who, unlike your esteemed self, are not completely mental and who might enjoy an exercise programme that does not require the presence of an automated external defibrillator and a licensed Paramedic. The SYSTM might be just what they want and need. Rather than bang their heads against the wall doing rides like Nine Hammers and A Very Dark Place, they can enjoy a virtual ride through (insert European alpine destination – France, Spain, Italy, etc.) with Mike Cotty, including stops to chat up some cows or to enjoy a cappuccino and a biscuit.

Now we are well aware that they have probably seen you step off of your trainer looking like you have been assaulted by a street gang during a monsoon rainstorm, capable only of curling into a ball and speaking in monosyllabic words most of which begin with “F” or “S” and should not be spoken in the presence of young children. So, they may not entirely trust your recommendation and, since we designed the exercises that have left you near comatose, they may be loath to trust us, as well. Please reassure them that we have a generous free trial policy and that SYSTM members exist along a spectrum, of which you are on the far, far end.

Sincerely,

The Minions

19 Likes

I vote +10!
Brilliantly done Sir!

1 Like