ANNOUNCING: The STEP Up Challenge

Great way to raise awareness of this! Looking forward to participating.

2 Likes

The Homestretch Foundation store just opened back up, you can use this link Shop — Homestretch Foundation to help support this incredible cause.

Kathryn’s new book is also available here: Books and Film — Kathryn Bertine (I’m reading it now and it is incredible!)

5 Likes

@Pierre We are actually opening this challenge up a bit more. As long as you complete the 4 rides anytime from March 25th to March 29th you’ll get the badge. We know that 4 rides over the weekend can be tough to fit in and we want to encourage as many people to ride as possible!

14 Likes

Phew. Was about to ask this question too. That’s handy.
I guess it’ll appear in the challenge page dashboard with start/finish so we see when it opens across the world?

@Martin We are actually moving away from the dashboard for this challenge. This makes it easier for Sufferlandrians to see when the rides are scheduled without needing to go beyond the calendar in the app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds promising.

One more thought: Would be super cool if you switch out the suf cycling kit banner in the app against a challenge banner. :slight_smile:

This would reach a ton more people.

7 Likes

Aww man, that’s my Team Scream weekend in my plan.

:sob: :sob: :sob:

Oh well, can’t be helped. Lucky for me this issue is so important, and the challenge sounds EXC.

sigh :wink:

1 Like

Grand.
So for absolute clarity - what criteria is the badge based on? Starting and finishing within those days fir all four rides, irrespective of order, no 50hr day stuff, and therefore based on time zone?

Means people won’t be writing in afterwards about the badge hopefully

Cheers.

Hi,

Great cause and I’m a sucker for badges…I’m in!

2 Likes

We’re on it!

4 Likes

Found this on The Sufferfest YouTube Channel:

Scheduled for Mar 28, 2021

Join Coach Suzie Snyder and Kathryn Bertine to ride Fight Club and discuss Kathryn’s documentary Half the Road, equality in cycling, and more! Write in your questions live to have them answered by Kathryn herself!

3 Likes

So the questions that remain are whether you are doing Team Scream with the rides on the 27th or the 28th (or both) and then in what order? :wink:

1 Like

Questions re the ‘window’ are also being asked here (@rebecca.bell @dylan.robbins as the two wahooligans in this thread)

:sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

I’m currently planning doing all four on the same day (just because that’s the only way I’ve discovered to fit them in during the window).

🤷🏻

2 Likes

You should be fine to do them in your local time on those days. Of course, if anyone runs into issues with the badge you know we minions are always happy to get things fixed up! (Submit a request – Sufferfest Support)

Alright. I am in! Looking at this to help me get my mojo back after having a couple of weeks of involuntary time off the bike and a big loss of motivation after that. Gonna do it “with” a few local Knights too!

7 Likes