ANNOUNCING: The STEP Up Challenge

You should be fine to do them in your local time on those days. Of course, if anyone runs into issues with the badge you know we minions are always happy to get things fixed up! (Submit a request – Sufferfest Support)

Alright. I am in! Looking at this to help me get my mojo back after having a couple of weeks of involuntary time off the bike and a big loss of motivation after that. Gonna do it “with” a few local Knights too!

7 Likes

I also plan all four in one day - Sunday, because on Saturday (damn winter is supposed to let go) and I have plans for outdoor bike trips. Spring is coming! :grin:

3 Likes

@rebecca.bell Hi, is this going to be on https://app.thesufferfest.com/challenges ?

@Luka No, we are forgoing the dashboard this time. The challenge is available to apply to your calendar, which makes it nice and easy to see when the rides are complete. We know that it is an extra step to go out to the challenge page and we thought this might make things a little more streamlined :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Rebecca
I heard about the challenge so I did my 1st listed activity (I just want to ride) on the 25th. I only just read that you apply for the challenge by loading the Step Up training plan, which I have just done (27th).
Q. Is it necessary to load the plan in to the calendar?
Q. Does the ride on the 25th still count toward the challenge?
I am still a newb to the ways of Sufferfest.
cheers Greg

This works out great! Knock out the 4 rides in one day as part of my KoS training plan. Great cause and great challenge. Keep it up SUF!

1 Like

I don’t think you need to have loaded the plan necessarily. My guess (which hopefully Rebecca will confirm) is that as long as you do the rides between March 25 and 29 inclusive, in your time zone, you’ll qualify for the challenge.

I’ve got the plan loaded, but I’m going to be a bit all over the place with doing the rides. They’ll be out of order, and on different dates to those in the plan. A little thing called outdoor riding is going to get in the way of doing the schedule rides tomorrow!

3 Likes

Thanks. I keep reading conflicting info.
Anyway I have done 3/4 rides. I did Who Dares and Half The Road, while doing The Pretzel on Zwift this morning.
So I also got a Zwift route badge with double XP, for those Zwifters out there :grin:
And I support the cause!
G

1 Like

Isn’t Half the Road a brilliant movie?

5 Likes

If by “brilliant” you mean “rage-inducing over the continued inequities baked into our societ(ties)”, then yes, it’s brilliant.

:wink:

(It is REALLY good!).

2 Likes

@greg_c no worries, you don’t need to load the plan to the calendar! That’s just useful to keep track of the rides and we know people like to make those turn green :wink: Your ride on the 25th should certainly count. If for any reason you don’t get the badge go ahead and submit a ticket and we’ll get you taken care of!

2 Likes

Still basking in the afterglow of my KOS campaign and wondering, “Watts” next? “Step Up”!! I’m in

6 Likes

I’ve stepped up.

Who’s next?

:muscle:

2 Likes

Just finished Half the Road. What a fantastic documentary. Thank you Kathryn Bertine for making such a well paced, well thought out film. I loved the participation of so many riders, and other professionals from all over. You can see the passion,AND the integrity of these women who are athletes for the love of the sport itself - maybe that’s what sets great sportsmanship apart from the rest. So nice to have no whining and drama such as I think tends to reek up interviews with some pro athletes who make revolting amounts money just for showing their faces on camera. Or maybe that’s just me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Who Dares and I Just Want to Ride done this morning as I didn’t have time to do Half the Road before I had to go out at 08:00, however, HHNF and HTR are planned for tomorrow morning first thing!

Love Who Dares :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Day 1 Done
Who Dares has to be one of my favourite sessions - grinding out those 60RPM but watching pulse drop is like … peanut butter and jam (jelly) - things that shouldn’t go together but just do.

Half the Road is humbling, uplifting and appalling in equal measure.

Glad I’m taking part - thank you SUF

5 Likes

STEP Up Day 1 complete.

In honour of Women’s History Month, the struggle for gender equality, Make Up Day, and the STEP Up Challenge, I will admit that I always underestimate how hard Who Dares is as a workout - especially on fresh numbers. Whew! The ladies just gassed me.

And Half the Road…still makes me angry. And yes (says the cheetah), long, steady, endurance distances are DEFINITELY my weakness.

So from a humbled, tired, father of daughters, well done ladies. Well done.

200-2

3 Likes

The first part of each interval in Who Daresis SO hard!!
Thank you, all, for your support. And a huge thanks to Kathryn for all of her hard work to produce Half The Road. I knew there were inequalities but when I saw this film years ago, I will admit to being shocked and saddened. No matter how many times I watch it, it still has a huge impact on me.
It’s also prompted a lot of good conversations with my sons. We are doing our best to help them grow into men who will always stand for equality for the daughters you’re raising!

8 Likes

Fight Club not HHNF (for the challenge)