April Hath No Fury

Do what you need to do Sir!

Edit: and don’t do what you don’t need to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Best. Scene. Ever.

2 Likes

This scene in HHNF makes me laugh every time.

Race official hands her the trophy.

She starts to raise the trophy and is surprised by the podium dude who steps forward to hand her flowers.

Then she tries to raise the flowers and is surprised by the other podium dude who does nothing other than give her congratulatory side kisses.

Then as they step forward and stand next to her afterward she looks happy but also a bit miffed because they ruined her celebration attempts. And now they’re standing in her photo. Plus they’re just wearing tshirts and jeans. Lol

I sympathize with her. Totally ruined her celebration. And the third guy was totally unnecessary. Lol

5 Likes

Hopefully, one day there’ll be nobody on the podium but the winners.

3 Likes

Yep. Getting much closer to that now. Too bad it took a pandemic to do it.

I disagree, as a dog lover I think podium guys/girls should be replaced with podium dogs. Although there is the possibility of :poop: with that……

4 Likes

There was always the Tour de France podium from last year where two were holding their kids.

5 Likes

Today is an alternative suffering day. :poop:

I did both WD and HHNF yesterday. Then spent the rest of the day on a clear liquid diet. Today is colonoscopy day! :tada: Tomorrow we return to our regularly scheduled suffering.

3 Likes

Pictures or it didn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Glen.Coutts @emacdoug I think that meets the definition of over sharing on social media.

3 Likes

This is the way! Should we start calling you Sir Mando?

4 Likes

It’s the type of Suffering we don’t endorse, but the alternative is way worse. Rode with a survivor. Wasn’t fun if he was ill.

1 Like

My mom had stage 4 colorectal cancer 15 years ago. Fortunately through 2 treatments and an ostomy she was able to clear it and now be cancer free for over 10 years.

That means I had to start getting colonoscopies from a younger age and more often. But, definitely better than the alternative.

3 Likes

Finished off my April riding on Saturday (since Sunday is my rest day). Rode both HHNF and WD. Did both warm ups at 100% and the rest of the rides at 80%.

There was a HUGE difference between my month of Defenders and this one. After the holidays my 4DP for Defender was definitely too high and I could never complete a single session of it at 100%. And even after a full month i still wasn’t able to.

This time after a full month off I did HM. So with fresh numbers 100% intensity for HHNF and WD actually felt like 100%. And after a full month layoff I could feel my reduced fitness level.

But HHNF and WD both didn’t feel as difficult at Defender. On most days I did only a single workout which I completed at 100% except for the couple days after my colonoscopy which I took easy. Even on the days I felt tired I would just start riding and still manage to complete them. And on the days I rode both workouts I rode them both at 80% with a couple times I did them both at 75%.

And I definitely feel like I’ve been riding myself back into fitness instead of riding myself into a hole. I took it easy when I needed to. But had enough recovery and rest that I felt stronger at the end of the month than at the beginning. Which maybe shouldn’t be that surprising since I did no riding at all in March. But anyway….

Now time to use my fitness to build back up to my memorial KOS quest in… June?

7 Likes

Certifiable!!! Carry on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

a true glutton for punishment

2 Likes

5 Likes

My April riding has definitely improved my fitness. While my time off in March may have dropped my numbers to all-time lows, I did HM today and jumped my MAP back up +25 and my FTP up +27. Definitely not back up to my December all-time highs. But significantly improved enough to make me happy. And my May workouts harder.

6 Likes