ATTENTION: New SYSTM Users! "The Hunted" is A Must!

(Disclaimer: I am far from an expert but my gallons of 'Holy water" produced qualifies me as a reference) So as you scroll through the SUF library you might be tempted to pass by “The Hunted” title on account of the ‘vintage’ heading. This would be a mistake. What a great climbing workout finished off with attack, after attack, after attack! And who wouldn’t love a chance to put some hurt into LA? Discuss…

8 Likes

@ronburgundy Agreed! It is one of my favorites and I have set a few bad ass power records for that workout.

2 Likes

The Hunted is excellent. As is The Wretched

2 Likes
5 Likes

Sir Glen, you’ve been redacted again!! @Glen.Coutts

2 Likes

Sir Glen looking blurry! Wouldn’t hear of it :rofl::rofl:

I taped the blur and it showed the linky properly

There are more detraining videos available for anyone interested in embracing their true nature :wink: It’s a lot easier than you might think.

3 Likes

The Hunted was the very first Sufferfest workout I did way back in 2010. It existed only in “video” format, and you had to ride it in RPE mode. I was significantly out of shape back then, and I remember well how incredibly difficult - but motivating and satisfying - it was. To this day, it remains one of my favourites, though I rarely do it.

And for those who have a KICKR Climb, KICKR Bike or other device that simulates inclines, I believe that The Hunted offers the steepest inclines of all workouts (if memory serves, I think that the steepest pitch is around 20%).

The Hunted is pure fun. In a Sufferlandrian kind of way.

Rob

5 Likes

And I LOVE that guy…so glad he hasn’t hit the edit room floor!!!

2 Likes

And who wouldn’t love a chance to put some hurt into LA? Discuss…

He always got an imaginary Snot Rocket from me as I passed him.

2 Likes

The Hunted is one of my favorites. This is the second video I bought back in the download video days.

2 Likes

I rode The Hunted last week. Such a satisfying ride! It’s got a long stretch of 8%-13%. That’s the steepest pitch.

3 Likes

@RitzMan Love that video!

1 Like

Rode the Hunted for the first time this weekend, and was kinda interesting to see such a throwback to the Sufferlandria of yore (as a post-SYSTM subscriber only).

I think I’ve even heard tales of tape trading or similar in the early days, and the vintage VHS-quality footage almost had a fun retro vibe reminiscent of the concert bootleg trading communities of yesteryear. Also seemed to contain hints to the nature of the “pre-remaster” version via some of the on-screen prompts foreshadowing additional intervals of suffering still to come.

4 Likes

@Namaku Definitely one of my favorite videos and I feel that it doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves.

1 Like