Aug update on the SUF app (including Android)

Here in Las Vegas, it’s almost the beginning of outdoor riding season. lol. Finally may stay below 100F. Only lasts about a month, tho. Then it’s too cold. :grin:

5 Likes

Hey @Richard_Copus not sure if you spotted this reply above from Sir David about a week or so ago (hope I’ve linked it right …). Says there’ll be an update in a couple of weeks. So sounds like it’s close :grin:

3 Likes

Holy crap…I’d actually given up hope of Android ever happening! THis is great news as about a year ago I bought a really rubbish Windows tablet which gave up the ghost yesterday and was dreading the idea of having to buy a flipping Surface Pro or something as I’ve got everything Google drive linked. What is going to be the best/most suitable Android or Chromebook system to run this on so I can look at getting something I can use to Suffer.

When you manage it I’m going to celebrate by going for my Knighthood…and buy an Android tablet.

3 Likes

That was 11 days ago. Over here a couple means two, so hopefully we will get news in three days :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed

In the UK, two means 2 and “a couple” means 2ish lol. But this is Sufferlandria and we know what counting is like there :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Ha, I am thankful that the minions can count to 64 without getting stuck… violator would be even worse if every 15 sprint, or so, they added one more…

6 Likes

Yes, but in US English “a couple” can sometimes mean several.

…unlike Revolver :slight_smile:

So basically the same as UK then :wink:

Yep. However, I have learned to ‘kit up’ and ride later in the day as well. 10 am is definitely not out of the question for a mid-Winter’s ride! (and I’m about 300 miles south of you). Mountain rides are very sketchy in January. Black Ice + Bicycle do not mix.

1 Like

“I had a couple of drinks last night.”
“Here are a couple of examples.”

Both usually mean more than two.
On the other hand, the closing quote marks are a different story. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guessing you didn’t quite get what I meant when I said a couple means 2ish. Basically I was saying a couple doesn’t necessarily mean 2! :wink:

1 Like

It could, depending on the circumstances, mean up to four. However, it generally means two. In drinking, it means the first and the last!

I was always told that the British were more precise with the use of “couple” rather than people in the US.

So back on topic again - as Lee said above basically.

But what about a “pair” is that always two?

2 Likes

Oooo good question, I’ll leave that for people cleverer and more awake than me to discuss :rofl:

1 Like

Like a pair of pants?

2 Likes

Just noting a “day” in Sufferlandria is 50 hours, so there are 18,250 hours in a SUF year which is 760.42 24-hour days

6 Likes