Cadence (randomly) displaying incorrectly

Hi there,

Today I installed my new Kickr Core. It is working fine, except for one thing:
The cadence displayed in the Sufferfest app is showing very strange fluctuations.
I am pedalling steadily at 90 RPM, then suddenly the cadence displayed goes from 90 to 120 RPM, while I am still pedalling at the same cadence… after a while it is suddenly showing 90 RPM again, then later it switches back to 120, etc… The changes occur every 10-20 seconds or so.

Does anybody have an idea what could be going on here? And what I could do about this? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Max

Btw the same is happening with the displayed cadence in the Wahoo app, so it is not a Sufferfest software issue, but I could still use your help!

Hey @madmax I’d recommend submitting a help ticket with Wahoo Support so that they can dig into this for you.
https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Did you get anything back from support on this, having the same issue with my KickR , everytime there’s a steady 90rpm interval the cadence jumps to between 110-125 for 10 to 20 seconds before coming back down , it then repeats ! Driving me nuts

Hi @Jsol150772 Yes, support was very helpful with this issue!

I first had to perform a test (riding 1 minute at varying combinations of power and cadence) and send over the recorded file for analysis.

They first sent me a new kickr, but it showed exactly the same issues, so then they sent me an external cadence sensor (RPM Cycling Cadence Sensor with Bluetooth and ANT+ | Wahoo Fitness EU) and that works very well.

A (very small) disadvantage is that I now have to ride with this external sensor attached to my shoe, but that doesn’t bother me at all. Extra advantage is that I can now also measure my cadence when riding outdoors, which has been quite helpful.

I would suggest this solution to wahoo support immediately, so you don’t have to go through the hassle of returning your old kicker by mail and waiting for the new one to arrive. This was handled within a couple of days, but still it meant that I didn’t have a kickr for a couple of days, and it didn’t resolve the issue.