Calendar and plan design feedback

I literally created an account for the forum specifically to post this same feedback. I could not agree with this more!!!

I have been actively using Sufferfest for over a year and really enjoyed the browseability of the plans with the old system. I also really liked being able to adjust things (eg yoga, indoor only, strength, training level) on the fly and see on the same page what the effect was on the plan. To say this helped me pick the right plan for my needs is an understatement-- I relied on this functionality.

So, today, it was time to start a brand new plan and I was psyched to try the new app and content…only to find that it takes 10x longer to find a plan, let alone try different options (if available). There are SO many inputs required and screens to swipe through to get from plan choosing to viewing scheduled workouts. It is not power user friendly and isn’t even beginner user intuitive. It’s just frustrating-- instead of picking a plan within 5 minutes and starting, I’m sitting in my kit after spending an hour and a half trying to select a plan, and it’s now too late to train so I’m typing this up all annoyed and irritated.

The crux of it is that I don’t need my hand held by a wizard at this point in my training, though I appreciate that feature existing for those who do or for those who want to shake up their routine. I think the ideal case is for the app keeping the current wizard for those new to training, but with an opt out link to send the user to a library for plans like the old app had. Simple in theory, at least.

Please fix this. This is a dealbreaker. If the app is throwing obstacles in my way to select a suitable plan, what good is a training app? Why would I keep paying? How much longer are you supporting the SUF app and is there an in-place-downgrade method?

2 Likes

I would also agree on most of the original post in this thread.

A main improvement would certainly be making the calender look less “boring” and more informative. It’s all white with these very little thumbnails.

Maybe putting a bit of colour in, to show the difference between sessions. So you can easily see how the workload of a workout or a week is build up. i.e. Recovery sessions should be a different look from an intense workout. Yoga different from strenght etc.

I have only been in the sufferfest for about half a year, so I don’t know every session yes (especially not the recovery / inspirrational videos

2 Likes

I totally agree with the issues mentioned about the calendar and the new plan wizard.
It’s a really frustrating experience to answer up to ten questions in order to get a ‘Preview your Plan’ link. Even then the preview doesn’t reveal the actual plan but a text description. I have to click again to finally get a preview of the schedule.
I’ve used the old sufferfest version for inspiration and to quickly get an overview of the different plans/schedules.
The wizard might be a good way to guide new users, but please give more advanced users the option to browse plans and preview schedules directly like before.

1 Like

@silversonical Been there - I think it does get easier over time to understand the selection tool. There is a legacy plan link floating around somewhere in the forum - will see if I can find it.

1 Like

I still have the original Sufferfest app installed on my laptop along side the SYSTM (formerly known as the Sufferfest) app, because the SYSTM app was a totally new app.

On my iPhone / iPad I was still able to downloaded the older Sufferfest app and managed to pull the link from there :shushing_face:.

I would at least like a choice when choosing plans:

A) Continue with Plan Wizard
B) Browse List of All Available Plans

1 Like

@emacdoug Long term this will be tricky as they add running and decathlon plans.

Hi first post.

Really enjoying sytm app and the training, I’m about 4 weeks into my first plan.
I have just tested positive for COVID… so my plans going to have a setback.
However I can’t seem to see a way to reschedule the plan from the point I have reached and once I’m healthy again.
Do I really need to individually reschedule each day that I miss?
If I’m not being thick and I cant shift the entire plan forward … I think this would be a great function for the future… Life happens after all

1 Like

Welcome @Richard_Copus! You can never leave.

You’ll need to delete the current plan (all your completed workouts will remain) and add a new plan.

As in other threads, the recommendation for coming back from COVID is to start the plan over or start with the ramp up plan (not sure if it is still called that). Main due to the fatigue your body has just been through.

1 Like

Thanks!

So the answers no on being able to move a plan in the calendar…
Still believe there are many other circumstances where being able to shunt the plan is a good thing to be able to do ( covid maybe a bad example),after all life does throw up stuff!

1 Like

You can also note your end date of your current plan and how many days out it is, the reload the same plan by end date shifted to the same days away once you’re back on the bike to pick up where you left off. Works well if you’re only off the bike for a week and are ready to come back at the same level of training.

3 Likes

Hey thanks, hopefully that will work as I’m double jabbed and hopefully the covid doesn’t get to me too badly.
Just feel washed out right now, so hopefully that’s as bad as it gets

Cheers for the help all.

3 Likes

Get well soon. Just don’t get back on the bike before you’re properly recovered. You really want to ride that virus out before putting stress on your system.

4 Likes

Is there a way in the iOS app to delete a whole plan all at one time, rather than just individual activities? I used the wrong end date for a training plan and now I’m having to delete 6 weeks of activities individually.

Update: In iOS app I had to go to List View, then I had the option to delete the whole plan.

Thanks!

Yes if you switch to overview view rather than list view I think, then It’ll show a summary of the plan and the three … which you can click and select the option to delete the whole plan.

3 Likes

More details: In the calendar, when you on View Summary for a week, you’ll see all the active plans. If you click on any plan, they’ll be a button for you to delete it. That will delete all (not already completed) workouts for that plan.

2 Likes

That would be awsome. TR allows you to change the weekend rides and all if you want to outdoor but you still have the workout to do. I would just love to have a 3 days plan (low volume in TR) to do from monday to friday that considered my 7 to 8h outdoor on weekends without having to follow workouts on the weekend.

Yes, I agree. I have just finished a cycling plan I started with Sufferfest app. It continued when app switched to Systm. Today I wanted to choose new cycling plan and there is nothing to browse and choose from. I can only choose the type of sport, purpose and intensity and I am given one and only one plan. It does not allow me to focus more on road riding in mountains or gravel, etc. Just one only plan. So much disappointment. Why has the browsing option been removed. Please, restore tha cycling plans menu as it was availble in Suffersfest app.

3 Likes

Is this the kind of thing you’re after?

I couldn’t agree more. Five months after my first reply to this thread about the really frustrating experience with this new stepper tool and still nothing has changed. Even worse I’ve totally lost any motivation to even try to find a plan with this awfull stepper.
Please bring back a way to browse the catalog of plans and getting easily an overview of the actual plan’s schedule.

1 Like