Calendar, yes, another calendar topic

I know there are many topics already on the matter, but as it stands, the calendar is borderline useless.

We really, Really, REALLY need to be able to edit the darn thing, get this, like a calendar. With a busy schedule outside of training, I need to be able to restructure some weeks to accommodate ebbs and flows with work/family.

I love the community and the training software itself and have been a member of SUF nation since the video download days.
But the calendar right now is abysmal =(

9 Likes

If you mean to move workouts, you can do this manually by editing the scheduled date.

Not as smooth as drag-and-drop but possible.

I get the impression the OP means to be able to use the calendar as a proper calendar rather than just a Sufferfest calendar.

It would be really good if you could have it sync with other calendars.

I would suggest that the original request essentially runs along the lines of:
ā€œI have a lot of days throughout the year where I have obligations I am already aware of, I would like to be able to pre-load these into my calendar and therefore have my exercise schedule work around themā€ or at least make them visible so that you can see how your SUF workload is lining up with other real-life activities.

Simply a calendar sync to Google/Outlook calendars would be awesome purely for visibility. Allows you to plan your days a bit moreā€¦ ā€œOh, this day Iā€™ve got a meeting at 4-5:30 so I need to get in my ride before workā€, ā€œAh, that day is Maryā€™s birthday lunch and weā€™ll be out for the day so I need to move that ride to another dayā€ etc

13 Likes

I donā€™t disagree Iā€™d just thought Iā€™d take a moment to clarify what can be done rather than highlight the calendarā€™s shortcomings.

1 Like

Agree - a sync to Google would be fantastic! At the moment I plan my exercise on Final surge - which does share to google. (and Suff plans are also available via Final surge - or were???)Not quite what people want perhaps but it works for me.

2 Likes

The old plans are available on Training Peaks and Final Surge. I think the minions will provide the new ones if you really ask nicely but naturally prefer that the plans are delivered natively.

2 Likes

Nah, I have my Google calendar for that non-bike stuff. And while it WOULD be cool for integration like that, that would be going about fifty steps further than about every fitness calendar Iā€™ve ever seen. So it would be sweet, but hardly reasonable to expect.

I just mean the ease of use. Following the directions above, which are appreciated, is a pretty kluge implementation. For instance, how about some ā€˜drag and dropā€™ QoL. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The current calendar is fine for me. A workout builder option would be the next thing to be focussed on I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m ok letting the people with degrees in physiology do that part for me.

Android app would be great for checking and editing your account but no sign of one yet really frustrating.

2 Likes

I agree that I would like to be able to edit a training program a little bit more. I do use the ā€œchange the dateā€ function quite a bit when work, family, etc. get in the way. However, it would also be nice to be able to drop a completely different workout that wasnā€™t within the plan into the calendar.

In the meantime, I tend to export all of my workouts from Suff, to Strava, then to Intervals.icu. Intervals keeps a good log of all workouts completed, etc. Though, it doesnā€™t let you log a workout until completed, so it definitely doesnā€™t allow you to visualize your future planning.

Two-way communication with Strava would be cool too.
Would be nice to see non-SUF activities be visible on the SUF calendar.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be really happy if the calendar had a feed URL or subscribe option so I could see my workout plan on my regular daily calendar.

8 Likes

I too would like to be able to insert other workouts completed or planned into the calendar and would like to have the distance/time counted in the summary if completedā€¦I am using garmin connect and Golden Cheetah to have an accurate overall summary

1 Like

Iā€™d also like to be able to add outdoor rides to the calendar.

3 Likes

I tried final surge, and it is not working. Time to try again, I guess. Thank you

In have been using Sufferefest for 3 years now & love itā€¦even with the recent Wahoo integration. Personally, I use Training Peaks to plan by training for events and to keep an ongoing eye on my Fitness, Fatigue & Form. It has been great in the past to upload my Sufferfest training plans into TP and the ease of enabling planning on TP of other outdoor rides (ie predict TSS, Fitness etc). The Systm calendar is OK, but I mirror the above concerns. Presently frustrated that I canā€™t add/import any other rides, or assess present fitness, or gauge/predict future fitness dependent on planned workouts. On top of that, no new Suff/System workouts seem to be readily available for import into TPā€¦although I will contact Minions to see if I can get the files for manual upload. Ultimately, I would like to use the Systm calendar for all of that TP functionalityā€¦but Iā€™m not holding my breathe. Iā€™m not expecting it to have to sync with my Outlook calendar etcā€¦which I keep totally separate. Any news on any future/imminent updates please?

4 Likes

Totally agree avsfan2003 - technically this is not difficult, Wahoo needs to add some basic functionality in the drop down where it currently asks you to schedule the date of the workout, that gives users the option to specify the workout ā€œstart timeā€ (and then wahoo can calculate the ā€œfinish timeā€ from the workout duration), then offer users the choice to export to .iCal or .ics file. (just like practically every other non fitness website and app that involves scheduling something!) Thatā€™s not really syncing calendars but at least once itā€™s in outlook or whatever calendar you use, you can drag / drop / amend / delete as required ā€¦ Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not alone when I say the hardest part of training is finding the hour or so slot around family and work - once itā€™s in my Outlook calendar the rest is (cough) easy. Come on Wahoo help us out here :pray:

1 Like

You can do this now. For example if you have a empty day in your callendar you can go to library and schedules a work out on that date. I am routinely rebalancing my system callendar. My weekday workouts have to be in the evening and I have meetings on Tuesday nights usually so I switch out my Tuesday workout into another day by rescheduling. But my current plan is giving me about 5 rides a week. yesterday I had time to do a ride so I went to the library and scheduled the ride into my calendar and did the workout last night. It is also useful to rebalance as If I have done the same workout a few times of late I go in and replace that workout with another one that is similar.

2 Likes

My first post, just joined - love discourse forums great software!!

+1 for this, I wouldnā€™t expect a sync, but a basic pull through of my next 3 months planning would be ideal to support planning my work commitments and scheduling my time with kids clubs etc. I have a similar calendar setup from Arsenal football club, so I can see games in advance in my Apple/Google calendar.

Again it shouldnā€™t be a big deal in terms of dev, so I wonder if there is a reason for not including. Iā€™m sure they have priorities.

I would like to say that @system @SYSTM_support seems really great so far, Iā€™m really impressed with the UI and am looking forward to this years training on the platform.

3 Likes