Confidential Information

Is this topic in reference to this:

If so I have to say that was a disconcerting thing that bothered me a bit at the time and that I happened to be thinking about this morning. It does seem a bit disconcerting that (unless a specific request has been made)
(1) Wahoo employees can make a connection from a forum user to a SYSTM user profile - presumably by matching email address?
(2) It surprises me that Wahoo staff are able to access an individual’s data without a specific request from that user.

I am absolutely NOT having a go at @Coach.Spencer.R here, I’m just surprised that the information was available to him in such a seemingly casual way. That is probably/possibly more of a criticism of the culture regarding data handling and security within Wahoo, UNLESS @BlueGirl had already asked for someone to look at a specific workout or her overall data in detail.

No doubt I signed all my data privacy rights away when I blindly accepted the privacy policy, but yes I was surprised and a bit dismayed.

I have no issue at all about aggregated data e.g x people have completed the January challenge etc

2 Likes