E-Road Bike on a trainer? Dumb or smart trainer

I have a brand new Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp E5 and I was wondering if anyone has put this type of bike on a trainer (with the battery turned off) for indoor suffering? I don’t have the space to keep two road bike etc… thoughts?

1 Like

So even after a month no one has any experience in setting up an E-Road_bike on a trainer in “Acoustic” mode which is when the bike is on for the sensors but the motor is off. I have a new Feedback Sports Omnium (good name right) trainer coming this week for the setup. Anyone … Beuler???

I can’t see any reason why you can’t do this at all. With the battery turned off it’s like any other bike. The only issue you might have is your bike computer wrestling with the Sufferfest app for control of your smart trainer. It might be accoustic mode will do that.

On the basis of no ebike experience at all :roll_eyes: I would record the workout in the app and then upload to whatever training software you use to record your rides.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I have everything setup and working fine on my dumb trainer. Bike in acoustic mode and the Suff App has no issues at all. TOS2021 is coming.