Eating to Suffer: protein intake

Hm… I can’t give you an explanation why “Eating to Suffer” recommends the amount it does. It’s a good guide but certainly not the bible or a book of laws.
There’s definitely a lot of valuable information in there.

Nutrition in general is a slippery slope. It’s a very personal thing and also depends on a lot of other factors and choices in our lives.

Maybe it’s worth consulting a nutritionist because I don’t think you will get a definite answer here. Sorry to disappoint.

You are talking about muscle strength/grow. How are you planning on achieving this?
Eating enough protein is only one little part of the puzzle. Strength training, a surplus in calories and enough rest will also play a big part in all of this.

Are you eating enough in general?
Are you doing strength training?

For me, doing a lot of endurance training and trying to build muscle are two goals that bite each other in the butt. This is why is move most of the “gaining” into the winter season and more of the “racing” into the summer.

There are some excellent articles on nutrition and strength training here in the forum - together with an option for further discussion:

I hope this already helps you a little.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

2 Likes