Elemnt Roam V1 GPS and Elemnt Roam V2 GPS - difference

Hello
What is the difference between the Elemnt Roam V1 and V2?
Reliability?
Different functions?
Reading the indication of the next climb, distance, inclination, etc.?
Thank you very much

2 Likes

No experience w the V2, but my V1 continues to be excellent (hence not wanting a V2) with accuracy, reception, and first locate time - though re-route SUUUUUCKS.

2 Likes

It’d be worth checking out DC’s review of it from back in '22.

If you don’t own either and are in the market for a new head unit, I’ve got the V2 and I am REALLY happy with it. Is it perfect? No. Is anything? For me it replaces a Garmin Edge 530. I much prefer it over the Garmin and that is after owning Garmin’s since I started cycling avidly back in 2013.

I’d also say, if you are looking to buy and the choice for you is between the v1 or the v2 I’d say get the v2.

5 Likes

Hello friend
Does the Elemnt Roam V1 have the function of indicating the distance to the next climb, percentage of incline, etc., without having a route loaded (i.e. it detects the rise automatically))?
Thank you very much

1 Like

It does not. That(SUMMIT Freeride) is only available on the V2:

3 Likes

Hello, seriously? The Elemnt Bolt (smaller and cheaper) has this function, I have a friend with it.
In other words, it detects an ascent (distance, slope, etc.) without me having entered that route.

1 Like

The V2 BOLT does, yes. The V1 BOLT does not.

4 Likes

Hi, thank you very much for the excellent clarification.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind, what do you say compared to the Garmin 1030?
Thanks

1 Like

My Garmin was a 530. Never wanted a touch screen so I can’t compare, but I always hated the button interface from Garmin and never realized just how much until I got the ROAM. What I like most about the ROAM2 is its ease of use on the bike, it’s super easy setup with the ELEMNT companion app on the phone. The ease of making changes with the app. The zoom in for data page where I can have just a few fields showing and they’re big, or I can have 11 fields showing and while smaller, I can still make out what’s on the screen. I also think that wahoo’s implementation of the Radar/Light control is much better than Garmin even though my radar. Is a garmin Varia :man_shrugging:t3:

I’m guessing that touch screens are coming from wahoo too at some point but I hope my ROAM lasts me a loooooong time. There are no real features missing as far as I’m concerned. I do prefer the maps with street names from garmin over wahoo’s lines and wahoo’s navigation can be a little wonky but it’s not something I rely on or use all that much.

3 Likes

Ok, tks my friend

2 Likes

Thanks for responding - I wasn’t sure if the software upgrade to my V1 included the new(er) Summit features, so wanted to test it before I answered the question. Yeah I only get the summit menu on a planned route. But then I don’t really care about the feature at this point - beyond just tracking the gradiant, which the V1 does well and accurately (enough).

I upgraded to my V1 Roam from the Bolt just after the V2 Roam was released because I thought it would meet my needs and I got it at a STEEP discount. Have not in any way been disappointed with it in the past year. (Well, except the re-routing, which if I haven’t mentioned, SUUUCKS!)

:smirk:

1 Like

I think I have experienced this too where the ROAM suggests rerouting on roads that are very traffic heavy, when much better options are available. For me though, it’s not a feature I use much and certainly wouldn’t rely on it.

1 Like

Exactly right. Think I actually went in and disabled it.