Epic Rides or Group Rides in Europe

Super tempted. I have to check a few parameters first (family / work) but will keep this in mind during the next couple of month.

1 Like

Pssssst. We will have some spaces opening for SUFCamp 2021… https://thesufferfest.com/pages/national-team-camp

5 Likes

I cannot explain how awesome SUF Camp is and it is a rare cycling treat.

1 Like

Love to. Need someone to be “sweep” with you?

1 Like

Sweepers, Sweepers Up! I think so @SirPatrick

1 Like

Urgh …

1 Like

I’m seriously thinking about this!

1 Like

The classics sportives are worth doing.
I’ve done Roubaix and Liege. Recommend both.
I don’t think you can truly appreciate suffering until you’ve hit the cobbles at full speed.

2 Likes

Have a look at Podia.cc for group rides in southern Poland. I’m from Australia and I’ve been on two of their trips (Poland/ Slovakia & then Slovenia). Quality outfit.

1 Like

I’d participate in this in a heart beat whatever year it ends up taking place - but I suspect I’d only be able to do it in a super domestique - bidon carrying for the minions - support role. Then again you never know - if there is a thread for 202X SUFCamp please include me in the correspondence. Thanks!

1 Like

Have to agree with Sir Martin.

Good rides in Scotland particulary in Wester Ross. The Celtman triathlon bike route and throw in the Bealach for good measure would be a good big day ride.

Don’t forget the South West (Dumfries and Galloway) as some challenging and beautiful rides down here too. Home of the bike and the highest village in Scotland too.

There is also the Dragon Devil (L’Etape Wales) and the awesome Fred Whitton in the lakes.

3 Likes

You should have a look at https://www.peloton.be/nl/

It’s a Belgian website (and it seems like it’s only available in NL and FR versions), so you’ll have to use Google Translate. But they offer all of the big sportives in Belgium with links to the event where you can sign up.

Usually throughout the years, following the Classics calendar. So you can ride Ronde van Vlaanderen or Gent-Wevelgem, Brabantse Pijl, Dward door Vlaanderen, … and many other big rides a day before the actual event.

Obviously, there’ll be no more racing or sportives this year and beginning of next year. But if you’re coming to Belgium in the future, they’re great events to sign up for that will bring you to all the epic climbs in region (Bosberg, Muur van Geeraardsbergen, Berendries, Oude Kwaremont, …). And if you’re not there during the actual events, there are usually gpx files to be downloaded so you can do the tours whenever you feel like.

Seperate websites: