Switzerland! Talk to me about a Swiss cycling holiday

Hi,
Thanks for taking a look. Am planning a summer trip to Switzerland. Group of friends take an annual trip each year and wanting to visit for 3/4 days. In mind I’d like us to look at St Gotthard loop, Col du Sanetsch… We seem to like doing big days in the saddle and big climbs. What else am I missing and where should we base ourselves? (yep… it’s bigger than I thought) If you could only pick 2/3 routes climbs what would they be and wy? Anything to think about that’s different to a trip to the Alps, Pyrenees or Dolomites?

1 Like

The Grimsel Furka Susten is hard and fantastic! Base yourself in Meiringen or Innertkirtchen. Make sure you have gears to cope with slopes and clothing to cope with all kinds of alpine weather. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hi,
Sounds like a great adventure!
You probably already know but you can download the excellent Swissmobile app which shows all of the bike routes (as well as hiking and everything else).

2 Likes

Start with Alain Rumpf, who features in The Sufferfest video GOAT alongside Mike Cotty. He is your expert on all things Swiss cycling: https://www.aswisswithapulse.com

3 Likes

brilliant. thanks everyone! on it

1 Like