Explain RGT for Stage 7

Nice one. I was writing mine while on the bus and wasn’t going to be able to take screenshots

3 Likes

Thanks, that is really helpful. I was wondering why mine showed up on Canary Wharf…

I also see that the workout is based on the FTP as set in ‘My Account’ rather than your profile in SYSTM. Something to make sure is set properly before setting off.

5 Likes

Well, not much use for me. I’m in GMT, usually do my workouts early in the morning - 6-8am or so. There’s a long 10 hour gap where I’d usually fit in. Unless I do it alone on Saturday morning, then do it again on Sunday for the kicks.

4 Likes

I think many of us “casual” or first-time RGT users still have a number of questions about this. wahoo could do a little more explaining on the stage 7 front.

I’m planning to jump into one of the sanctioned group rides, though not sure if I’d rather not just do TGTTOS as 7a, then do Stelvio in RGT as 7b, per the current stupid plan…it might not feel right going w/o Sir @michael.cotty.

Though, yeah - I guess I could run both, though they never sync particularly well. Especially if we’re using Stelvio as the template.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

EDIT: Thanks @DameLisa and @Natasha.R for the explainers!

4 Likes

If I ride at the same time as one of the rubberbanded rides does anyone know if the other riders will show on the course? I’m keen to see how far I get under my own steam rather than the group average but a busier course is always more enjoyable.

5 Likes

Option 3. ( if i understood it correctly) @DameLisa 's party ride

2 Likes

Yes. The other riders will show up.

4 Likes

Too many problems with RGT for me, I will use original Sufferfest version

6 Likes

As a benefit you will get information on tasty food in the middle of a high cadence effort. a welcome additional torture :wink:

3 Likes

There is a 11am Saturday morning link so you won’t need to be doing it alone

2 Likes

Deleted my message, because what i have asked it is answered in Tako’s message. My bad missing it! :pray:

Thank you @TakoGonzales !

1 Like

11am is laaaate. By then I’ve usually done a 60 mile ride, showered, done something to earn back brownie points from The Wiff, and am busy taking The Offspring to a weekend activity. I’m an avowed morning person: for me 11am is early afternoon, and is no civilised time to be starting a bike ride.

However, I’ll be in RGT at 5:30am GMT, doing both Stage 7a and 7b. If anyone out there finds that to be an agreeable time, you’re welcome to join me.

3 Likes

That’s 11 o’clock Saturday morning???

3 Likes

@David_Atkinson Nope - the group rides set up as private events so if you just go into the course via Just Ride you will see others that didn’t join the group ride along with bots.

I would encourage you to join the group ride. They are generally more fun although with this scheduled climb there may not be a lot of chatting.

4 Likes

Right! I misunderstood the question.

3 Likes

OK, looks like I signed up for an event for Friday 6pm (I hope it is using my time zone)

Do I still follow the screenshots to pick Stelvio? Or will the event alone work?

2 Likes

The event alone works.

4 Likes

I have registered for a group ride the final tour stage, and had the conformation email, but I am doubting my ability to find it. When I log into RGT and click events, I get lots of events, it lists them all. There is a tiny box my events? A bit small to read but I think that’s what it says, prodding that with my finger for 2 minutes does not streamline the events list, or list the group ride. I can find the solo option ride by doing a search but then it asks me to register.

3 Likes

You should get an email reminder before the event (usually an hour before). When you launch RGT and have a event starting in a short while, there will be a red banner across the screen below all the top Menu options (Menu, Just Ride, etc.), you can click there to jump to the event and then launch it. I’d screen grab but not at a computer with RGT.

I would recommend trying to join an event before stage 7 though, just to get familiar with the process and the steps, there are a few delays to getting in, loading the event, etc. so plan on being ready 5 minutes prior or so, and making sure all sensors are paired (another reason to test if you have never used RGT before). It’s not hard, just a little odd until you know what you are doing.

You can filter events in the RGT app to show YOUR events, but I don’t have it in front of me to test, You can also do some event finding and filtering via the RGT web page:

Sign and click “Your Events”

It can take a bit to load your events, here I am currently signed up for two on Saturday, still deciding which to do:

4 Likes

thanks, those are the screens I get on the computer, but the phone app does not open to those pages . I get login, then go to a page with menu, just ride, events and workouts as my options.If I click on events, it defaults to coming eventsI have clicked through 20 pages and not seen the ride.There is a section for “my events” but that does nothing, there is no drop down box or change to the screen I am viewing, so the only option from here is search.I find the stage, but it is not the group ride.

2 Likes