Explain RGT for Stage 7

Yeah, thought that would be too obvious…

#greatminds

1 Like

Geez. I had to work really hard to find some useful Abba lyric.

2 Likes

After I did Stages 5 and 6 today, I tried out Canary Wharf on RGT. Sensors worked and my avatar moved.
Looks ready to go for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just a curious question, I did the Stage 7 ride on the Canary Wharf… does this mean I have to do the stage again on Stelvio?

1 Like

Yes.

Probably not.

I’m sure you won’t be the only one who couldn’t figure out how to do it. It would be silly to require it since Stelvio is just the background and you’re doing a prescribed workout on it where, if you didn’t have the right gears, you wouldn’t be able to complete in any case. This is why I HATE workouts on sims.

What about 7b? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Dang, on SYSTM, my workout isn’t counted as part of the tour :frowning:

I guess 7b then on real Stelvio climb? Or another round of TGTTOS on SYSTM?

1 Like

Ditto, did the prescribed workout on the Stelvio route and it didn’t complete the badge. Hoping they post some kind of progress update as to whether people need to reride in the next 48 hours, which would be pretty silly…

2 Likes

Seriously though Sir. You’ve identified a glitch in the matrix that The Company did NOT anticipate. Or, if anticipated, have yet to resolve.

There’s no green tick on the SYSTM app for anyone at the moment cuz it’s not available on the SYSTM app.

That and that soooo many people are unfamiliar with RGT and this stage will be the first time for them doing it. The easiest would have been to join a pre scheduled event that they set up but not everyone can do that, obvs.

I’m sure they’ll get it all sorted and everyone who’s done TGTTOS either on RGT or SYSTM will be awarded the badge but it’ll likely be done by minions at the back end of the flogging stations.

2 Likes

Unfortunately yeah…. It’s a mistake of my own too for not selecting the scene correctly.

But yeah, 7b it is then, I am dialing it down anyway

1 Like

To be clear Sir @DarrenWCKam, there’s no badge for 7b. But I think the wahoominati are considering awarding 46 SAG points to every finisher.

2 Likes

Actually this Tour is really full of shenanigans.

Anyway, I am crazy enough to another TGTTOS this time one the Stelvio since I still have the energy albeit at reduced intensity.

The Wahoominati is watching and is always watching

3 Likes

Hm, ain’t that enough reason to pledge for indepence again. Like the Scotish wanting to seperate from UK? Would be nice to welcome Sufferland to the European Union…

1 Like

If you do TGTTOS on the Stelvio that’s not 7b. That’s 7a2. 7b is just the climb. no workout. no bells. 100% difficulty. as long as it takes.

Honestly, the spirit of the badge is having done TGTTOS, I’m sure that anyone who completes that workout, regardless of what hill they did it on, will get the badge. The Company is just gonna have to sort it out from people’s history. #itwillallbefine

1 Like

I think the whole point of this year’s tour is for gva to drive me insane. True suffering.
Change tour name to bland thing.
Change half the stages to videos with no music or Sufferfest motivations.
Add uci road.
Put tgttos the day after uci road and expect me to use rgt for first time simultaneously riding up the Stelvio figuring out new software and not dying.
&_&&+/)) & $) Wahoo, what is wrong with you??? Did somebody who’s never ever rode the tour in the middle of a “real life week” make these choices? :sob::joy::joy::joy:
True suffering, I’ll give you that! :joy:

Thank goodness for this thread, I have a slight chance of riding as intended. Thanks for the instructions everyone.

7 Likes

Hahaha yeah I know there isn’t an official badge for 7b.

In any case I’m already like 30 minutes into 7b2 now Sir @Glen.Coutts feel free to join me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Actually I noticed the Company has been slow in opening up a stage thread since yesterday and again today as well

uncle-roger-weak

… so yeah… we need to bring SUF back

2 Likes

We never left :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s true but our passports from the times before

1 Like

Soooo, you’ve ridden TGTTOS on Canary Wharf, yer riding TGTTOS on Stelvio now, AND you’ll also do the actual 7B up the Stelvio without the TGTTOS workout. Nice. I like your dedication Sir.

5 Likes

Excellent encapsulation of this year’s experience. The wahoominati award you 7 points.

2 Likes