Over the years I’ve collected a large number of routes from various sources: Strava, Komoot, my own GPX files, and more. Right now there’s no good way to organize these routes within the app, and it’s becoming a real pain point.
A few concrete examples of what I run into:
- Different bikes, different routes. I ride both a road bike and a gravel bike, each with their own set of routes. There’s currently no way to separate or group these.
- Different regions. I regularly ride in a few different areas, but there’s no easy way to pull up “routes in region X.” Sorting by proximity only works once I’m actually there — often I want to plan a few days ahead and browse what’s available in a specific area beforehand.
- Trip preparation. When I’m preparing for a cycling trip, I start building routes months in advance. These new routes just get added to the top of the list in creation order, with no way to group or organize them separately from my regular routes.
What would really help is some combination of folders and/or tags, so routes can be organized by bike, by region, by trip, or by whatever grouping makes sense to the rider.
Why this belongs in the Wahoo app itself, not a third-party tool:
Wahoo is my primary platform, I always use my Wahoo head unit and have no plans to switch to Garmin or anything else. But the places I create or find routes vary and change over time (there are many providers out there), so I don’t want my route organization to be locked into one external platform. I also don’t want to be dependent on a premium subscription from Strava, Komoot, etc. just to keep my own routes organized.
Would love to see this addressed, I’m sure I’m not the only one accumulating a growing, unmanageable list of routes.