Hello/ New User

I have to say I am so pleased with Systm. I hate indoor trainers, or so I thought. I had a cheap “dumb” trainer and had my first set of Sufferfest videos from about 10 years back to use when the winter just became impossible to ride outside. I suddenly stared to investigate smart trainers and couldn’t pass up on the sales an got a Snap. I had an old training plan that was great for me to follow but almost impossible for me to use. For instance 10 minute warm-up, 10 minute cool down, and 15 climb at 90 cadence or 65 cadence. Living on Long Island, there is no 15 minute climb. Besides, in winter by the time I get home it’s dark and that leads to further complications as it just so much longer to get dressed and prep the bike for night riding. Due to some of life’s challenges I have about 5 to 6 back to back lousy seasons. I went from at over 2K of riding to under 750 miles. Now that I have this, I can just easily change get down to the man cave and do my workout. I still have minor setbacks and I always can’t follow the schedule but I am just excited about these training plans and the smart trainer experience. It is almost impossible for me to replicate these sessions where I live. I usually ride outdoors, but depending where I am at I can see doing this even during the spring and summer. This weekend its 12F-20F and normally that would mean no riding. Now I am taking advantage of my time. Love the strength and yoga training. Lord knows I need it. Another benefit, I am finally losing weight. I lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks and that is with plenty of cheating. If I was more regimented with my diet I am sure I would have lost over 10 lbs.

Well just happy to be a Wahooligan and reunited with Sufferlandians.

16 Likes

@Lostsaab congrats and welcome (back)! Keep us posted on your progress - many of us share your story.

And yeah. Wind chill is -11º this morning in Massachusetts. Feel your pain!

IWBMATTKYT

4 Likes

Welcome. I find this a great set-up for training this time of year in winter.

1 Like

Perfect training weather, if you are a mush dog! Dig out the fat bike and have a go! Meanwhile here in the Desert Southwest we had a couple of days with the Training Gorilla (20+ MPH winds). It’s a fun ride home when it’s blowing in the proper direction.

3 Likes