Inspiration - Which videos would you suggest for next season?

First of all, I think it’s great that you’ve put together this collection of videos that for the most part, we wouldn’t otherwise get to see or even know existed. Some (most?) of these stories are absolutely fascinating and I can’t wait for the next one.

While we’re all riding to season 2 of inspiration, I figured it would be a good idea to add a place where we can suggest videos for future seasons. We’re a global community and so there are always going to be videos or inspirational stories that one corner of the globe knows about and wants to share. Obviously, licensing deals/requirements will preclude some of these, but if nothing else it will expand our set. Plus, since they’re cycling heavy, there’s always an opportunity for triathlon/running docs to be included as well.

I’ll go first.

Chasing the Lion: The story of Lionel Sanders’ ascent from drug abuse and mental illness to one of the best long distance triathletes in the world.

3 Likes

I’ll add another:

Where dreams go to die - Gary Robbins and the Barkley Marathon Film by The Ginger Runner. Ultrarunner Gary Robbins attempts to complete the famed Barkley Marathons - a race so brutal, only 15 runners have ever completed the 100+mile/60hour race.

2 Likes

I watched one today on YouTube, Lachlan Morton doing the Tour De France route for World Bicycle Relief.

1 Like

@timbasile Truly awesome movie! I can’t even begin to fathom the mental games and the physical struggle that this event brings.

1 Like

@timbasile Great story and great quotes - “negative addiction to positive addiction”, “see what is possible”.

1 Like

The moviestar series on Netflix is good

3 Likes

I didn’t realise they’d released this yet. The film about it. Have you got a link as can’t find it. :grin:

It was my mistake I saw the one with Lachlan Morton but it was only an interview the one I did watch about it and you might have already seen it was by Jack Thompson The Amazing Chase - YouTube

1 Like

Yup I have seen that one. All good. Dying to see the short film of Lachlan’s.

1 Like

This Mauna Kea The Impossible Route - Worlds Hardest Climb (A Cycling Documentary) - YouTube

2 Likes

I would love to have the documentary “Riviera Phantom - Milano-Sanremo 2013” in the inspiration section. A group of German cycling podcasters took Gerald Ciolek, winner of the infamous Milan-Sanremo 2013, on a ride to talk about the race and his career. Although it is in German, I think it would be a great addition to the collection. And since we already have French and Italian documentaries in the section, I think the language will be no problem.

1 Like