Bande de Sauvage Question

I missed something while riding this workout. In the end, the protagonist is disappointed with his performance in the climactic race. Upon rewinding the video after I’d finished, I still couldn’t figure it out. Did he come in second? Twenty-second? What?

Inspiration videos, man, they’re like a box of chocolates: you never know what you’re gonna get. Sometimes, it’s a chewy, nutty, chocolaty delight. Sometimes, it’s one of those weird ones with the orange filling. Sometimes, you’re simply left shaking your head and wondering, “What the heck just happened?”

7 Likes

He wanted to win. He didn’t. As Ricky Bobby says, second is first loser and that is how he felt. Wouldn’t matter if he came in second or DFL.

1 Like

Then Moon Rider is chocolate filled w fish paste.

:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I’ve been holding off on that one. Think I’ll hold off a while longer.

1 Like

Have you heard of demotivators? Yeah…like that.

5 Likes

I’m sad to say I’ve had a few of those in the inspiration category. I generally stick something else on - thanks for the tip here though @AlexEllermann.

1 Like

I am slowly making my way through the videos but will admit that I have found many “inspirational” ones are not actually very inspirational. “A Sunday in Hell,” and “Stars and Water Carriers” are historic documents of course. On the other hand, “The Frozen Road” was the story of an idiot who had to be rescued by Inuit because he thought riding a bicycle in the Arctic winter was somehow a good idea.

7 Likes

Paul finished 22nd: National Championships France U23 - Road Race 2016 One day race results (procyclingstats.com)

2 Likes

similar to my thoughts. Some great films in there, but yeah - wanted to smack that kid.

3 Likes

For me inspirational clips are a kind of mental toughness test - trying to finish although most of the time they are either boring or even annoying😉

1 Like

TBF, there are some really good films in the catalog. ‘Kaya Bike,’ ‘Ruta Chingaza,’ and ‘Thursday Fields’ come to mind.

4 Likes

I won’t watch The Frozen Road again. Once watching this guy was enough. Out here we call them fish food. We have frequent and sudden flooding. Two of these idiots had to be fished out of flooded streams. Both lost their cars and insurance out here won’t pay to replace them.

2 Likes

Thursday fields is a brilliant watch. That dude in Frozen road needs a good hard kick in the arse. Ruta Chingaza is gripping.

Moon Rider is on my plan for this week so I’m going “out out”

4 Likes

One of my favorites. Also liked Half the Road, but it made me quite angry at times. And Afghan Cycles, which made me sad.

2 Likes

Still trying to find the right time when I’m ready for De Stig both in terms of workout and emotionally. On a semi-related note, I thought it was nice of Wahoo for calling out Bjorg Lambrecht in UAE Tour 1 ProRide.

Alla Vita I liked quite a bit. Moon Rider is a bit out there, but was entertaining to watch once.

1 Like

I know Kathryn as a friend. Missed the opportunity to see the premiere of the video as I live literally right down the street from the theater (it is within a 30 minute stroll from where I presently live).
In Afghan Cycles, I was severely upset at what the Inmam said about women cycling. It’s not immoral but he is the ‘authority’.

Agree, it’s a mixed bag. Some of the stories have potential but are pretty boring in execution (looking at you Kaya bike and Earth Cycle). Some are beautifully done (Moon Rider, A Thin White Line), some feel like a film school fan project (Tommeke), some don’t sound like much but end up fascinating (Half the Road, Il Vecchio Saggio). I see heaps more are being added, which is good because I don’t need to watch anything more than once.

2 Likes

Oh, hey, if you haven’t tried ‘Wahoo Frontiers 2020,’ you’re going to want to get on that. It’s fantastic!

2 Likes