Kickr Bike Refresh

Hi All,

I’m thinking about purchasing a Kickr Bike but it’s been around for 2 years and I thinking it’s due a refresh/upgrade/release - does anybody anything about new version in 2022?

Cheers
Ian.

2 Likes

Unlikely. Read through comments on this review:

1 Like

For what’s it’s worth, i really like the kickr bike. I’ve been using it for about 8-9 months and don’t regret the purchase in any way (maybe getting it sooner!). If you can swing it, I suggest going for it.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking similar. Whilst it is two years and counting I’m not exactly sure what I would really want in version two. I’m guessing I’m only hesitant based on so many stories of bike failures and issues.

1 Like

Hey Adam, I was thinking a ver 2 of bike would have all the issues sorted out… hopefully. I understand the current bike is the hardware release 4 which would suggest that most of issue should be resolved now.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the removal of the cadence limiter.

2 Likes

You would hope so. That said in the current climate with all the supply chain issues I can’t exactly see a new platform any time soon

1 Like

Me too. I’m waiting until it supports a cadence of at least 200. The current one is useless on any cadence build etc workout which are very common in systm.
Hopefully it will be more solid too. I don’t have any numbers but there seem to be quite a lot of broken bikes. Although the current bike in release 4 should have resolved the most common problems.
But sadly the indoor boom is over. Most people who would buy a smart trainer or whatever would have done so already. Most company’s, wahoo included, seem to be pulling back resources.

1 Like

My KICKR Bike bought last October (2021) does not appear to limit the cadence in a range that affects me - during the new On Location - Tasmania Hobart City cadence builds, I was able to sustain a cadence of 153…

2 Likes

In my case, I’m the limiter. :slight_smile:

I’m seriousness, I’ve not noticed one. In the cadence drills I’m up around 140 which is huge for me. I know there are others that can blow by that but that seems to be my limit (not the bike)

1 Like

Not arguing but I would venture the percentage to be low. I say that only based on my limited sample set and the early research I did online. (Not exhaustive, by any stretch). The few vids and posts where folks had issues, wahoo seemed to be good at helping out.

Fwiw, I’m a happy camper and glad I didn’t wait (I also wondered).

1 Like

This is interesting, as on my bike it’s really obvious when you try to go above 130 as the resistance cranks up sharply… like you’ll be over threshold in a second or two. I thought I recalled seeing this limit on the Wahoo site and I don’t see it now so maybe there was a small running change made to the bike?

A month or two (or longer?) ago, there was a significant firmware update for the KICKR that improved its ability to control power at high flywheel speeds. It also appears to have improved its ability to measure high cadence. Perhaps they did the same thing to the KICKR Bike.

I’m hoping that’s a firmware change and not simply because you have unlimited power at high cadence! :cyclone::man_biking::rocket:

1 Like

I got my new Kickr bike last week. I took advantage of the special price and 12 month no interest. Ive been a Kickr trainer user for 7 years. I wanted a Kickr bike but waited until the bugs were sorted. I couldn be happier so far. Quick setup and fitting. Programing for gearing and shifter type was a breeze. Controls are very intuitive. Operation is smooth, dead quiet, and better then my Ver5 trainer. I would highly recommend it.

7 Likes

Nice to hear, and congrats! That’s quite some kit!!

Also, welcome to the forums @Bendmountainbikeman!

Upgraded from the Kickr Snap to the full fledged Kickr and I can’t be happier. I’ve had my cadence as high as 160 and frankly I can’t feel any limiting so that’s new to me. Maybe update your firmware?

2 Likes

I don’t own the Kickr bike, but might buy one now that the limiter has been removed.

1 Like

Its not the kickr bike I own. Its the standard kickr, just to clarify.