Kickr Bike

Hello, I would like to buy the Kickr bike. Does anyone know if the problem has since been fixed?
Loud noises
Loose handlebar
Etc.

Thanks

Iā€™ve had one since Nov '20ā€“200+ hours ride time all on SUF/SYSTMā€“and (a) I love it and and (b) have had no issues that werenā€™t easily fixed. No loud noises or persistent creaks though there is some kind of resonant hum at around 82 cadence. I had been using an OG 2014 KICKR so coming from that the bike is pretty near silent. Itā€™s really hard to gauge from online groups just how frequent bikes with issues are, but for my $0.02 itā€™s worth it.

Two small issues I did have:

1. The front end ā€œheightā€ adjustment slipped a little but replacing grease with grip paste fixed that, hasnā€™t budged since.
  2. The front end ā€œreachā€ (the part that telescopes out from the main body) also slipped a bit initially. By pulling off the lever you can adjust the preload tension which was all that needed to be done.

The only review of the bike I saw was this guy which I watched and he admits he is on the extreme side.

I bought one in October. I am extremely satisified. Wahoo support is incredible. I broke a switch on the brake lever when it hooked on my glove and I lost my balance getting off the bike, and they replaced it immediately despite it arguably being my fault. There is a whirring hum at a cadence of 75 rpm that is a bit annoying, so I usually pedal at 77 or 70 on those sections of drills, but occasionally I use the pitch of the resonant buzz to learn to pedal at exactly 75 rpm. Small issue, much less serious than the resonant shaking that a real road bike can develop on certain descentsā€¦
The bike makes some creaking if you are aggressively rocking, allegedly that can be fixed with a spot of silicone lube, again I find the noise to be useful in that it goes away if I am using good pedaling form.
The bars do slip down, there are a number of fixes for that, I am going to try the recommended one when I get around to it. Iā€™m currently experimenting with fit, so I adjust it frequently anyway.

The major drawback to the KICKR Bike is that it is too damn convenient, sitting right next to my desk in my basement office, and I am spending too much time on it. Darn.

2 Likes

Glad to see other people posting about the 75 rpm buzz! I was starting to think I was losing my mind!

Iā€™ve had mine for a couple months and yes, my handlebars did slip down. I tightened everything up, problem solved. Generally very easy to adjust to make it fit, even my 5ā€™2" short torso self. I occasionally get a sensation of ā€˜slipā€™ when the ERG mode is shifting and I stomp on the pedals but it doesnā€™t appear to be a flaw. I also appear to have one of the bikes that will rock very slightly front to back when Iā€™m at high cadence (over 110). I suspect itā€™s bad form on my part but something to keep in mind. Thereā€™s a bit of play from the incline system and you can feel it from time to time.

I enjoy mine, find it very convenient. No spin downs to worry about, only one device to connect, and I can let people of average height use it.

Iā€™d also add that the tilt feature is a big differentiator for me vs. the other options. Especially with the new ProRides and On Location, it makes the experience all the more immersive.

If you havenā€™t already done it ā€˜the wretchedā€™ is made for the bike