Kickr Core - no resistance?

Thanks but still it’s not working. I’ve cleared app cache, removed app, restart android phone, install app, pair with kickr and… still no resistance in every mode…

I will try find OLD version and try instal from apk… or maybe I will try test also on other android device.

Wahoo 1.64.0.97 - it’s last version before new app, from last year - it’s working :slight_smile:

I didn’t check old versions of the new app because the old one still has resistance options in addition to erg/sim so it’s better :wink:

That’s good to hear. IMHO, I’d contact support anyway. You shouldn’t need to use an older version of the firmware.

@Bastiao, so incredibly frustrating. Something is definitely not right and hopefully support can get you sorted soon. Getting a brand new bit of kit and having it not working out of the box is not the kind of suffering you want on your indoor trainer. Please check back in and let us know how you get on.

1 Like

Hi @Glen.Coutts,

just a quick update. I‘m still in contact with Wahoo Customer Support. They’ve wanted me to perform some tests with my Kickr Core - just provided them the test results and waiting for their feedback.

What keeps me wondering - I’ve performed multiple factory spindowns. For each factory spindown the brake factor of my Kickr Core was -0,00. When I search for some other results from other Kickr Core users, this value is mostly around 1.

Don’t know if this is causing the issue. Let’s see what Wahoo will advise me to do.

Cheers,
Sebastian

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Not being a Core owner, when I do my spin down on my Kickr ‘18 I will be sure to warm it up by doing about 10 mins of Zone 1 or 2, let the flywheel come to a stop then do the spin down. I’m not sure what values you’re getting or why as all I see is the time for completion. I should say, it’s been forever since I’ve done a spin down as the weather here has let me outside since about April. I’ll do another one today some time and let you know what I see.

1 Like

Hi @Glen.Coutts,

Wahoo Support responded with sad news. My Kickr Core is broken and needs to get replaced.

Cheers,
Sebastian

4 Likes

Oh man. Well, sad news on one hand and good on the other. We’re not entirely nutz. Hope you don’t have to wait too long. Also, I’ve always found wahoo to provide exceptional customer service and this is another example of it.

Check in one more time when you get the new one set up and going. Hopefully, issue free :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @Glen.Coutts,

today I’ve received the replacement for my faulty Kickr Core unit.

Just tested it a bit and everything seems to work fine now.

Thank you again for your support!

Cheers,
Sebastian

5 Likes

I’m always happy to help others to suffer :wink:

Just glad CS got you got you sorted!

1 Like

Wahoo Support is second to none. Glad they replaced your unit!

I had a Kickr Core and it was replaced twice under warranty. I always hate when things break, but Wahoo support was awesome and I never had to pay for a replacement. First time I got a refurbished unit, but the second time I got a brand new one. Hard to beat that.

3 Likes