Kickr Core Zero Watts

I tried to do a workout this morning on my PC. Was trying to do the TdZ Stage 8. My Kickr Core connected just fine. But it was showing 0w and 0rpm. I was connected using Ant+, so I switched to BT. Same problem. I shut it all down and restarted. Still 0w and 0rpm, even tho I was pedaling quite nicely. So, I connected to SYSTM on my iPhone. It connected using BT, but still showed only 0w and 0rpm. I connected to the Wahoo app. Same problem. I tried a spindown, but it stayed at 0.0mph. I unplugged my Kickr Core multiple times during this process. Never helped.

Finally after 25 minutes, missing my stage start, and with no results and no chance of a workout I had to give up and send a message to Wahoo support.

I’m hoping I can get this resolved and/or replaced before the start of TOS!!
:sob:

Now walking on my treadmill and counting down the hours until I can get a response from support. :frowning:

2 Likes

Showing 0 and giving 0 as in no resistance? In both level and erg modes?

Sounds like yes. Perhaps you are ready to join the training for the 2022 Tour of Couchlandria. If you do, remember to support your LDS (local donut shop).

3 Likes

Yep. And I was in the big ring in the front and middle of the rear cassette. And usually, no matter what mode I am in, it will always register and display my watts when I start pedaling. But not today. I could feel some resistance when I started pedaling or when I was pedaling very slowly. But it felt as if I was in a very low resistance and I was mostly spinning up the flywheel. Once the flywheel got going it was pretty easy spinning in either mode. And the 0’s never ever budged or flinched. :cry:

And today was supposed to be a 50km+ ride, too. sigh

1 Like

I’m supposing you’ve tried all the support site troubleshooting?

1 Like

Yep.

The lights on the rear are on and look normal. I can connect to my devices as normal. I have the latest firmware. I made sure I was only connected to one device at a time. When I connected to my PC I turned BT off on my phone and made sure my SYSTM and Wahoo apps were closed. Bolt is turned off. Restarted my PC and restarted my phone. Unplugged my Kickr Core and plugged it back in. Unable to do a spindown at all since there’s no power or speed. So, I sent a message to support.

1 Like

Have you tried, unpairing your Kickr, restarting everything, then pairing it again.

Or, have you tried unplugging the cords from the power block(s) and plugging them back in.

By unpairing I mean “Forget this device”.

1 Like

Yep, tried all those things multiple times.

I started out in Zwift. It would pair in Ant+ and BT. I removed and re-paired it multiple times.

So then I switched to SYSTM. It fully connected and instead of showing my power as “–” (which is what happens if your device drops out or isn’t fully connected) it actually shows my power and cadence both as “0”. So that means it’s actually getting a reading my from my Core.

I unplugged the cord from the back of my Core multiple times. I also have a remote control outlet that it’s plugged into. I turned it off and back on a number of times as well. Always trying to make sure I left it unplugged or turned off for at least 5-10 seconds every time.

So I shut down SYSTM and opened the Wahoo app to do a Spindown. Waited for it to connect and turn blue and for it to show “0.0” for power and cadence instead of “–” which it did. And then started a spindown, but never got anything more than 0.0mph.

Sorry, if I am being thick but, when you say pair and repair are you going into device management on the wahoo fitness app and forgetting the device completely?

Correct. During the pairing process, if I’m not pressing on the pedals I get “–” for power, etc, but when I do press the pedals get big solid "0.0"s. After re-adding it at the end of the pair process the app suggests a spindown, which I dutifully attempt, but get nothing.

1 Like

Gaaahhh. Here is hoping for a quick resolution Sir. :pray:

1 Like

I took a gel and was about to crack open a Gatorade expecting 2 hours of intense racing. Guess I’ll have to find a way to burn off that gel. lol.

1 Like

Screaming toe pose comes to mind.

2 Likes

I might try that if I have to kick my Kickr.

1 Like

Ha. Howsabout testing the power supply?
https://wahoofitness.yonyx.com/y/conversation/?id=5bf985a0-491d-11ea-b331-4201c0a8013e&did=5421e6c0-86a0-11ec-88e0-4201c0a80169&lang=en

2 Likes

Alright. I’ll bite.

Nope. No Flickr. Power supply seems to be operating normal.

1 Like

I’m not suggesting a solution,lol. Just saw it in the troubleshooting page for what to look for. I got nothing actually useful to offer you Sir. Just making sure you’ve ticked all the boxes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not a problem. I appreciate the help!

1 Like

With TOS imminent, I think what’s happening is my trainer afraid I’m going to be doing something crazy. The first time it died was 3 weeks before my KOS in Nov. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sounds really familiar. My CORE had the same problem last year at this time. If I remember correctly, it was a problem with a chip being damaged from static electricity and a known issue. Support was terrific, but I wound up missing ToS while my CORE was being shipped back and the replacement sent to me.

2 Likes

That sounds about right. Everything seems to work and connect until I try to actually pedal. Then the power doesn’t show up and it won’t give any more resistance than the basic flywheel weight and my gears.

When I got my replacement in Nov right before more KOS, I did the paid replacement option to get it quicker to make sure I had it in time.

Keeping my fingers crossed I can get another quick replacement. :grimacing::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes