Knighthood Quests

Greetings all,

As you know, the Knighthood of Sufferlandria has for a long time been the highest acclamation possible and we would like to keep our Knights motivated and the castle growing. :european_castle:

With that said, we have made some updates to the training plan section to help you on your way to Knighthood with a list of potential quests. These predesigned quests will ensure that a non-approved video isn’t accidentally included in a quest and we will keep these updated as our library expands.
https://wahoosystm.com/CyclingEventPrepOnlineKnighthoodChallenge

Happy Suffering,
Much tough love to you all,
Grunter

24 Likes

Great idea! You may want to put the “l” into Mt. Sufferlandria though…

5 Likes

So that’s the next seven quests for Sir Evan @emacdoug. :smirk:

7 Likes

I… I want to say never, but… I can’t. lol.

“Never say never” is my motto. Which makes my motto incredible hard to say.

9 Likes

My motto is “Always be wary of statements containing always or never.”

Motto two is “Everything in moderation, including moderation.”

7 Likes

I never make blanket statements, ever.

Like a wise man once said, “Don’t quote people.”

5 Likes

Hey Sir @Rupert.H I appreciate your efforts to welcome more CoS to the realm. So, thanks first for that!! :pray:

A couple things though, I noticed the laser goats have zapped the Knighthood Challenge card from the home page. That really REALLY ought to stay there permanently as there is little chance of folks accidentally coming across the challenge on their own, be it by surfing the support site or the forums.

As for the canned challenges, I quite like the idea but I also have some suggestions I hope you can consider:

There is no “easy” route. Whatever route is chosen is gonna be hard as SUF with easier and harder being relative to the quester’s fitness, ride intensity adjustments, strength/weakness, preparedness, fuelling etc etc. So for me, an easy fix to that would be to put quotes around “easiest” and “hardest” with a wee note of explanation if that route is chosen. The note could say that by “easiest” we mean lowest average IF if all rides were done at 100% intensity, which, of course, is impossible. A similar thing could be done for “hardest”. I see you’ve got notes in there already so a couple edits could help with that.

I do want to say that I LOVE that you’ve added some interesting combo’s like Celebrating Les Femmes and Agonian Delicacies and I particularly love the wording in #4 in the plan builder :joy: :joy::

The wording for #5 in the plan builder doesnt really make sense for a quest though.

Now, about that kit… :wink:

6 Likes

I will say that the Celebrating Les Femmes bit might intrigue me enough to make a second effort at some point, though the bucket list is fairly full at the moment.

:thinking:

5 Likes

does that list include 8848 metres of elevation gain? Asking for a friend :slight_smile:

6 Likes

IRL. Very much so.

6 Likes

#ditto. Now if only there was a suitable hill that didn’t require a half day’s drive… #thisprairielife. Eg, I’m about to head out for about a 90km ride and there’s gonna be less than 250 metres of gain :pancakes: :pancakes: :pancakes:

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t have that problem here…

5 Likes

Is that your chosen segment, Sir?

2 Likes

I’m noodling between this one - which would be very Alpe d’ Huez-y - or a local hill that would be like the 40-50x thing. Greylock would be a grind, but the other one might make me cry.

4 Likes

@CPT_A With Mt. Ascutney in Vermont you can have both!

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know - kind of gives off a baby Mount Washington vibe. :grimacing:

(Also on the bucket list).

2 Likes

Surely the correct answer is both

3 Likes

4 Likes

@CPT_A Exactly - it is the same grade but 1/2 the distance. So more frequent descents which works in you favor.

4 Likes

I remember that one. Not that I’ve ridden it. Grew up in the foothills of the Catskills. Look up the Women’s Grand Prix of Woodstock. There are some interesting climbs in it.

2 Likes