Knights of Sufferlandria Team

:joy: Lol

Just heading into S6 now, Sirs & Dames. Echo all you have just said about it hence the reason I’m going to suffer this one out alone. Won’t be pretty! Good luck to you all, may try n join on of the 7/7b rides if it fits weekend plans (it’s Mothers Day weekend here, and 6N rugby too!)

8 Likes

#thoughtsandprayers

2 Likes

It’s a nice poster Sir

4 Likes

Lol. It’s “borrowed” from the movie poster of a book that is maybe the bleakest book I’ve ever read.

4 Likes

So glad I joined this team and did the Tour of whatchamacallit. Riding and hearing Sir @Coach.Neal.H’s live voice made the whole week worth it.
I didn’t do fundraising, the inspiration of past Tours of Sufferlandria simply wasn’t present. But I’ll be riding with Team DPF at the end of July across the state of Iowa. I’ll double my fundraising efforts to achieve what I would normally have obtained in February and July in past years during that event (RAGBRAI). If anyone here will be riding then, consider joining the team! I’ve met a Knight in a past year (she recognized my Knight’s Kit) and it was right up there in highlights along with riding with people living with Parkinson’s (which I’ve gotten to do twice at RAGBRAI).
Congratulations all you beautiful Knights - and hope to meet you in the road soon!

7 Likes

Dear Sir @emacdoug and all the Knights,
Thanks for letting a lowly commoner join your team for this tour and many thanks again to Sir @Glen.Coutts for the idea of a 3+ hour stage 7 a and b. I had a great time pushing myself to my fastest ascent on the Stelvio after the 7a stage with Sir Michael C.
Happy suffering to all.

7 Likes

NIce! Glad you got yourself a PR on the Stelvio. I did as well (for slowest climb but fastest descent :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:, to be fair, I’ve only done it twice).

3 Likes

Here’s a new KoS Team finisher’s certificate :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Also, this just in, the rumours of a limited run of wahoominati jerseys are no longer rumours #twaaw:

Edit: new design purported to be in the works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was gonna say…the OTHER one… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Feel free to modify it. #shenanigans.

2 Likes

No, yours is definitely an improvement.

1 Like

With just a couple fundraising days left, the Knights are just $700 behind the Women of Sufferlandria and $800 away from $15,000 in total donations. That should not be difficult to achieve!

And if we can hit that goal, it would be fantastic to help get SuffBuckets up into 3rd place to make the trifecta of Sufferlandrian teams on the final fundraising podium.

Do we have enough Shenanigans left to get us to the finish line?

5 Likes

Do any of my esteemed teammates know if we have a final date after which donations will no longer “count” toward the prize pool?

1 Like

This week is the end of donations that count to prize pool per the Stage 7A I attended with Neal Henderson and crew.

EDIT - but donations link is good through end of year.

2 Likes

As in Saturday March 25?

1 Like

Alas, that I’m not sure if it was Friday, Saturday or Sunday… let me dig

2 Likes

Far be it for me from ever telling a Sufferlandrian not to dig. Dig deep!!

1 Like

I called my point of contact at DPF, went to voicemail so I’ve sent an email.

Still digging…

BarneyRubbleTheFlintstonesGIF

1 Like