Knights of Sufferlandria Team

This all sounds so very very familiar. :cry:

3 Likes

To mee also. I Haven’t yet figured it out how Hapily Suffering and chating go along together:)

5 Likes

Strangely looking forward to Stage 5’s Pro Ride today. I’m sure that won’t last.

Is anyone else dreading Stage 6 like me? I don’t think my current V02 weakness and long-standing Sustained Efforts weakness are gonna help me on this stage :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I know, right? Just wanted to ask. I will likely just go-it-alone as well, but wanted to know what folks were doing.

:grimacing:

3 Likes

So much this. Yes.

5 Likes

Hey all, the WOS have this crushed at almost $14,000, but look in the rear-view mirror, Yikes! :eyes:

Recruit!

EDIT - How awesome is that Sufferlandrian TOTAL though?! $26,183 at this moment.

6 Likes

My TTBS is looking forward to it, which is not a good thing. Wonder if anybody would notice if I did HHNF instead. Anybody other than Sir DMcQ that is - he’d likely go in to shock if he saw me willingly doing HHNF. Ah well, tomorrow’s problem. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Prior to Defender, HHNF was my most feared/hated/dreaded vid. Last done at full throttle in ToS 2020 with the note “Thank Grunter that’s over”. :joy:.

So, my 2 cents, unless you’re after a badge, go do HHNF instead. It’s a damn worthy substitution.

Edit: or both :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

20230316_150333

3 Likes

I too have signed up for the 11am ride GMT, whatever that is for everyone else not in the UK. Never used chat or RGT much so that will be an experiment and no doubt I will cock that up. I will probably run the ride in Systm and let that control things and just have RGT running in the background so I can see what everyone else is doing as I don’t fully trust RGT not to crash halfway through. Just a thought, can I use RGT to control everything and just have Systm running in the background just in case RGT crashes?? thanks

2 Likes

Yep. You can pick which app controls the trainer. Imma run SYSTM control and RGT passively reading. If you do end up using RGT make sure to open the mobile RGT app and press “push to talk” otherwise EVERYONE else will hear your grunts, groans, screams, minions, and anything else playing in the background. Can make for an uncomfortable experience and not the good kind.

3 Likes

I will be using RGT on my laptop so I presume that instruction is the same? thanks…

1 Like

I think so, but you can optionally run the RGT Remote app on your smart phone to be able to wave, change camera, chat, see the riders list, use the radio function, steer, etc.

Just have to have phone and laptop on the same Wi-Fi network and they will find each other.

3 Likes

I think so. The mobile RGT app is a controller for the desktop or AppleTV RGT app
Looks like this

1 Like

have not been able to get the remote-on-phone to work for steering as yet though…

Tap to steer or tilt to steer?

I have had an issue the last two times on RGT where the KICKR bike buttons didn’t steer (even though they have in the past) so failed back to RGT remote tilt steering since I have the KICKR Steer. This was while dual connected to the bike, SYSTM on laptop, RGT on AppleTV. 99% certain I had that working in that configuration before. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nah, just the tap to steer. I don’t have (or have any interest in) the new steering thing. I’ve rarely had it work either from the app or my computer keyboard.

I was OK with a $50 phone/gel/snack caddy, so I popped for it early.

2 Likes

I’ve deleted my original RGT group ride for stage 7 and will be riding one of the Wahoo organised ones as well. The session before the one you all seem to be doing. You’ll all be riding while I am asleep but I’ll be with you in spirit!!! :muscle:

5 Likes

Ha! That’s some quality, outside-the-box thinking.

:joy: