Knights of Sufferlandria Team

Well its an improvement, and thats saying something!

:wink:

That’ll work I think :crossed_swords:

6 Likes

Curious, how did you manage to change “I’m riding” to “I’m suffering” while retaining the background Sir?

2 Likes

paintbrush & smudge tool in Affinity Designer :writing_hand:

3 Likes

Ahhh. Fancy.

1 Like

Those are nice designs!
I shall come up with something too, but just like Sir Glen, I am not an overly creative Knight :smile:

joined the team, created a bib (1st attempt), let’s go

9 Likes

Fantastic bibs!

Welcome to the team, Dame Isi!

So exciting to see these bibs and all these team members.

Time to get my own bib made and acknowledge all our new members!

2 Likes

I knew you could do it! Keep it up WoS!

:smirk:

7 Likes

Welcome all Knights of Sufferlandria team members! All 34 of us (so far).

Sirs and Dames: Sir Ian Smythe, Sir Brian Egan, Sir Wayne Lewis, Sir Brian Marquis, Sir Rob York, Sir Rob Cordray, Sir Tom Fox, Sir Evan MacDougall, Sir Gerald Jung, Sir Daniel Boren, Sir Nicholas Dickson, Sir Andreas Müller, Sir Bryan Eygabroad, Dame Kis Kertész, Sir Mark Middleton, Sir Chris Zedick, Sir Alan, Sir Michael Jones, Sir Erik Ter Brake, Sir Glen Coutts, Sir Christopher Acosta, Sir Matt Botterman, Cooks, Sir Owen, Sir Peter Dijkhuizen, Sir Alexander Ellermann, Sir Wojciech Glab, Kelly Jones, Sir Darren Kam, Sir Jeff Kerr, Dame Chrissy Metcalf, Sir Valmiki, Sir Brad Sadoway, Dame Isabel Schneider

We’re still riding high in the top fundraising spot, but we can’t rest on our laurels as the Women of Sufferlandria (which contains a number of Dames) are quickly catching us. Of course this is a bit closer to a marathon than a sprint. But let’s not forget the end of goal and get some shenanigans performed and funds raised.

8 Likes

Geez, someone has got to teach this Sir Evan guy some etiquette :wink:

2 Likes

Fixed. My apologies to any Sirs or Dames that I missed.

Too bad the website doesn’t all Sir/Dam as a valid prefix option.

1 Like

Lol. My personal bugbear has always been calling female Knights, Dames rather than Knights but to be fair, even the FB Knighthood page does that so…

1 Like

Was going to ask if that was a Canadian bugaboo (aside from a D&D nerd reference), but they are synonymous?

the-more-you-know

Agreed. I do try to at least get the Sirs and Dames thing right. We are all knights. It is only when addressing someone personally do you use Sir or Dame. Or in reference to Sirs and Dames rather than Knights and Dames. But, yes, even the FB page says Knights and Dames. I had to edit that part when creating the team. I changed the page to simply address all as Knights. But anyway…

3 Likes

I don’t know, guys…agree in principal, but assuming Sufferlandria follows the UK model, there is a distinction to be made. Just know we mean well either way.

Regardless, all Dames and Knights, Sirs and Ma’ams, Hims hers and otherwise are awesome.

#KOS

:wink:

3 Likes

We know people mean well when they do it but your assumption is incorrect Cap’n Sir. Here is the entirety of a post on etiquette from Sir Aaron Johnson. Keep in mind that this was before wahoo took over the sufferfest site and support pages and before there were Discourse forums.

“Knight Etiquette

1. Only a person who has completed the Knighthood quest is authorized to wear the Knight’s Kit. (Unless you paid One Million Dollars, then we might give that money to a charity).

2. Both Male and Females are Called “Knights” of Sufferlandria. This confuses people sometimes. Calling someone a Dame of Sufferlandria is on Offense to the Knighthood. Let’s talk about how that works real quick.

All Knights of Sufferlandria are referred to as “Knights”. However, when referring to an individual in the first person, you would call a Male Knight “Sir Aaron Johnson” or a Female Knight “Dame Erin Johnson.”

Here are a few examples so we don’t mess this up:

-A group of Female Knights are lining up to race. Someone says, “Those Dames of Sufferlandria are going to kick some serious Ass today!” That would be incorrect. They are not a group of Dames, they are Knights of Sufferlandria who will beat people down with their courage.

-When in doubt, replace the word “Dame” with the word “Sir” before you say it. If it sounds incorrect, you are probably doing it wrong.

-A Female Knight is seen off in the distance laying waist to a bunch of Couchlandrians, someone turns to you and asks who that is. You say, “That is Dame Johnson, who is a Knight of Sufferlandria!” That is all correct use of Etiquette.

1. All Knights in the Knight’s Facebook page are required to address each other formally. We do not implement these rules outside of the Knight’s Facebook page. However, it is proper etiquette to address a Knight formally when the occasion is appropriate.”
8 Likes

Welcome to the team Sir @Simon!

2 Likes

Not to spam the forum, but this seemed a good place to add this post.

With apologies to @Glen.Coutts

In honor of the memory of Sir Dan, I have pledged to ride Defender every day of February.

That should also get me in great shape for the Tour.

You can assist me by donating:

:scroll: So let it be written. So let it be done. :scroll:

6 Likes

seems like some sort of shenanigans. Also, they spelled honour wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes