KOS Attempt Approacheth!

Ron Burgundy here, “I’m kind of a big deal. People know me… My Pain Cave smells of rich mahogany!” So I’m not as tech savvy as @Pierre (you go my man!!) but I’m training for my attempt in two weeks. Just finished a large prep day with five workouts which resulted in the smell of burnt rubber and shredded chamois. Well I’m still walking but I better wrap this up soon or my better half will sell all of my gear! As I prepare my “menu” (thanks to all present Knights and Dames for their suggestions) I was wondering, do my ‘coaches’ need to see my list prior to the event? The five yesterday in the training stated that the efforts were adjusted ‘by the coaches’ (I feel quite pro to have my own coaches!). Not that I’m looking to diminish my suffering. Btw @northy185 , @phoenix65 , and @Fezzek how are your preparations going?

8 Likes

The “coaches” see your list in your training plan to adjust the intensity to make it doable without stopping your heart. The full menu is usually shared by questers so the rest of us can make fun of you…erm…laugh at your folly…ehhmmm…support your decision making prowess :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Share if you like. We always love a good list. :slight_smile: Or you can keep it a secret or make it up as you go, if you like. That’s perfectly fine, too.

And chapeau to you, for actually doing it and already completing your 5er prep. I’m just talking… words, empty words… :wink:

3 Likes

I’m trying to complete my 12 week all purpose plan for now. Torn between jumping into knighthood attempt or doing the gran fondo plan first. It has a lot of 4 hour rides which will help.

It will be this year that is for sure.

3 Likes

Hi @ronburgundy , I’m on my way, still messing around with the playlist, trying to balance harder efforts at the beginning and the ones I do like best towards the end. It seems the seventh hour will be the darkest, and I haven’t decided yet where to dig for sufficient courage to get through and move ahead. My minions are on track too (at least they tell me so), so - not sure if it’s right to say so - I’m looking forward. Unfortunately I’m not a tech nerd as @Pierre, so no live streaming on my list, but for sure, I’ll join him on his attempt.
Let’s get ready pals.

4 Likes

@phoenix65 That’s awesome!! Sounds like we’re on the same wavelength. Ride on with courage (or reckless abandon) and fear not the laser goats! We need some more conscripts to storm the gates??

1 Like

@ronburgundy we’re in the same team. Look at our race numbers :smirk:

2 Likes

Sickminds…

1 Like

My attempt is on April 3rd, on my 60th BDay as a present to myself. Unless of course, the weather is stellar and I will just ride my age in miles, or as one mate suggested, do the MPH challenge and see if I can make my bike go 60 MPH. He even alluded to doing the MPH thing on my Fat Bike :sunglasses:

8 Likes

nice little Birthday present though. Congratulations will come later :smirk:

1 Like

Thanks!

@ronburgundy i appreciate such a legendary newsman reaching out to check on me. My training is going great, I’ve managed to sneak outside for some real rides too. It’s going to be difficult staying in the basement as the great frozen northland starts to thaw and show signs of spring. Alas, 3/20 cannot come soon enough! My minions, future knights in their own rights, have been trained in the art of fan placement/speed adjusting and filling of my bidons. I might even train the noble dog to retrieve holy water cloths from the hamper.

I wish my fellow travelers on this journey the most successful endeavor; I’d be happy to join a discord server to discuss our travel plans as we attack the castle boldly, head on, without mercy.

3 Likes

@northy185 Attack, Attack, and Attack again! We must prepare the way for @Pierre and his growing phalanx of supporters on the way to the sacred gates! 'Rona has left us nothing better to do than get fit.

2 Likes

I must admit, I am enjoying this friendly (read: naive) banter as you prepare to face the darkness. Carry on.

2 Likes

@Glen.Coutts better grab yer popcorn 'cause we’re just getting warmed up! And who are you calling ‘naves’? I tell you I felt a very deep burn in my quadratis temporalis lumborum after my 6.5 hour weekend prep. “Fools rush in…”

2 Likes

Tbh, if I had been on a plan that had me doing fully half of an event, it would be very VERY hard for me to not just keep going. I mean, I wouldn’t “rush” in and I’d be prepared but…

I say this as 15 months ago I was doing a plan to reach a certain elevation gain and on the day where I was going to do half that gain, I decided to just keep going and BOOM! Success!

4 Likes