Let’s see your pain cave

Hey, that’s neat. I like the minion on guard in the top photo. (S)he doesn’t LOOK like a laser goat, but I wouldn’t tkae my chances.

1 Like

Chihuahuas can be mean little shits, it’s how the South American riders train for TT. You should meet her brother.

4 Likes

Getting a little NoVid action in while watching Ted.

8 Likes

What did you you too mount the bike to the wall

Hiya,

I’ve been using these for years, two houses and several apartments later.

I attached them to lumber (2x4x12) which then gets attached with screws into the wall supports throughout the length of the boards so they share the load. The back wheels just sit on another piece of lumber so the wall doesn’t get scuffed. I’ve done the same into concrete walls and it’s even better.

Two cheapie heavy steel bikes, two mountain bikes and usually when not on the trainers two carbon road bikes are mounted, I never had any issues. They hang from the front tire or back (in the case of the mountain bikes the forks face down in the long off season and stay happy).

This time I cut an L shape pocket and installed LED lights with a motion sensor against the back.

2 Likes

I’m in the market for a rolling, easily adjustable, flat screen tv stand.

Here’s the use case: a treadmill and Kickr in the same workout space, facing head to head. I’d like to be able to mount a TV on a stand, then roll the stand into position and adjust height + tilt for either machine, as required. Ideally, the stand would have some kind of lower rack. This is an opportune time for me to replace my Mac Mini, so I’d attach the Mini to the TV, install WiFi Mouse on our phones, and use that as the interface.

Background: My wife loves the treadmill and dislikes the Kickr. I love the Kickr and dislike the treadmill. We’d each like to upgrade from the phones and tablets we’re using now. This strikes me as an elegant solution. My Google-fu has turned up some options, but I thought it’d be wise to ask you, smart folks, before pulling the trigger.

If you have a better idea, I’m all ears (and eyes).

Following with interest …

I built my own but you’d need something lighter and with wheels. I was looking at this one myself before. Whatever you get make sure you can lower the screen enough so that you don’t have to crane your neck to see it. You’ll notice the one I built is very low, but you don’t have to go as low as mine.

There’s a few options on there, you may need something with a mount that is more adjustable.

VIVO Mobile TV Display Floor Stand Height Adjustable Mount w/Wheels for Flat Panel LED LCD Plasma Screen 13" to 42" (STAND-TV07W) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01CUT5ZZI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_0PCT8XDDCPHYYXXRHM0G?psc=1

A little nicer, would be better for you I think.

Duramex ™ LCD Led Plasma Tv Height Adjustable TV Floor Stand for Most 32”~55” TVs up to 35 kg/77lbs with Max VESA 400X400 MM https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016NC1H1O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_J9624995NZ8YBAH1ZCDG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Thank you, Jlopes. This is very helpful.

I didn’t realise with a no vid playing you can watch something else at the same time on the same screen, I could watch repeats of this years big races from GCN if you could

2 Likes

Got it sorted, didn’t even think to try this but now see that instead of maximising the workout, I can minimise it then pull the workout down to the bottom of the screen, now I can race MVDP in my own way :joy::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Here’s the one I settled on. Excited for the project!

3 Likes

Ace, can’t wait to see photos when it’s all set up

1 Like

Have me inspired too. Considering this Steel TV Mobile Cart: AVA1500-60-1P Black - North Bayou

Now, how to sell the concept? Over a morning coffee, glass of red, romantic dinner …

1 Like

Well it’s cheaper than another bike…

3 Likes

Now that’s a great angle😎

Only on a laptop platform, unfortunately. Not an option with my tablet. Not YET, anyway…

I love the double use of that…COOL!!!

I have been doing some work to the pain cave for the upcoming winter season. Wall now boarded, TV on the wall, cables tidied. Add lights around the TV which react to the screen. If I could show a video of it I would, but the photos give you an idea.

I’m quite happy with it!

Next step is upgrading the Direto to Kickr. I may wait a couple of weeks to see if Wahoo give anything extra away for Black Friday (hint hint if anyone is reading this who knows!) but not expecting any discount as trainers are in such demand still.

9 Likes

Bravo :clap:t2::clap:t2: (looks tremendous!)

1 Like