Let’s see your pain cave

Ooh Lighting

3 Likes

Glorious :facepunch::volcano::t_rex::muscle:

1 Like

5 Likes

Canyon Aeroad on a Wahoo Kickr and a Climb. 2 big fans and a portable AC unit (I don’t like getting too hot unnecessarily lol). Wireless keyboard next to me so I can change Kickr modes or whatever during a workout. All connected to a laptop behind me (out of sight). The drawers on which the keyboard sits hold things like gels, energy bars and also an extension lead for the fans so I can turn them on/off without getting off the bike. Also has the AC remote in there too.

7 Likes

Those are some fans! Wow!

1 Like

Two fans :+1:…I wish I had thought of that…You get to have a Supercharger and a turbo. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s a simple Pain Cave…I Love It So. :t_rex: :volcano:

The Minions Love the Mt. Sufferlandria Channel :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes

Loving everyone’s pain caves! It’s cool to see where your suffering happens.

Here’s where I do my suffering …

• The best feature of this setup is the shelf under each window which is great for water bottles, food, etc… This used to be an indoor pool in an old house and we filled it up with concrete to make a big gym.
  • My treadmill is currently folded up for the summer.
  • My bike stand is being used with a wooden surface to hold my laptop at eye level. It’s a neat hack if you’ve got a stand.
  • Two old fans do the minimum to keep me cool, but I’m looking to replace my fan set up to get better cooling (see this post: What kind of fan do you use?).
  • The wheel-on trainer is a Wahoo Kickr Snap holding my Devinci Hatchet gravel bike (with its road wheels and tires). I’m still using my first bike! (then again, I wouldn’t put my recently purchased fat bike on there. :smiley: )
  • The wall has our national flag, the Elements of Style checklist, a few motivational sayings, and the SUF what to do if your workout isn’t going well flow chart (never used it! heh heh :stuck_out_tongue:)

7 Likes

Maybe another day I’ll show you inside, but it’s messier in there than it is out here!

5 Likes

Sooooo jealous of that Headwind.

Rebecca just let me move my pain cave from the hot garage into the (former) guest bedroom. Just the change in humidity makes a huge difference!

2 Likes

The zero runner is down in the garage with the weight set. This is in the bonus room above that.

3 Likes

Our pain cave set up and custom entrance mat, newly added :+1: Wattbike each so we suffer together :grin:

15 Likes

Jfc, great pain cave, You had an indoor pool! I would have kept that too and built a small pain cave , I would love the space for a pool. Jump in after Suf session sounds awesome lol

2 Likes

7 Likes

It’s a bit of a mess, but it’s a work in progress. I only got into this six weeks ago…

Chain was freshly lubed, hence the staining on the floor, the lube I use doesn’t mark the floor long-term thankfully.
The purple matts are temporary, I plan to put in a rocker plate, I don’t leave them under the legs as you can see that over time the legs imprint in them, but for the duration of a ride they provide both padding and some rocking motion too.
Movable table for keyboard, extra water and snacks, but can be put away completely when not in use.
TV mounted up in front.

Room will become tidier, rocker plate will go in and once the Sufferfest store re-opens there will be national branding, but I’m happy enough with this for now.

5 Likes

Our paincave (me and my brother) after we got kicked out of “the main house”. Decided to install an office container unit in our backyards. Suffering has never been that easy before now :smile:

25 Likes

Great stuff Jelle.

:+1:t2: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

D8F18606-4742-4E44-B0C4-D9DAB47776B9

Completed my cave recently!

22 Likes

This is brilliant!! Chapeau!

3 Likes

My weight tower and Zero Runner live in an area of the garage, but my bike lives indoors!

5 Likes