Let’s see your pain cave

IMG_6962b

Kind of crowded in here. Glad the car was moved so I could take this photo. I usually have a fan propped up in front of me on the recycling bin (out of frame). I have to plug and unplug everything when I ride. I prop up my phone on the white drawers and gloves to view my workout. That does make it hard to see, sometimes. I often mistake 4’s for 6’s and have been frightened by the sudden appearance of a 600w+ interval only to find it was actually 400w. Still high, but not as scary. 600+ was impossible when I was doing virtual watts and my NM was 502. That scare happened more than once! :laughing:

5 Likes

Nice and cosy dungeon here but still manage to get the work done :hot_face:

12 Likes

Ha. I assume you are obliged to complete every session or a minion locks the door in front of you until you have? :smiley:

7 Likes

Looking at all these great setups I figure this is a good place to ask. Does anyone have plans for a DIY freestanding trainer desk? I’m currently using a slapdash hodgepodge of tables and chairs at the moment and would like to step up my game to something more permanent. Yes, I know there are options to purchase these things, but where’s the fun in that? Also, I’m a cheap bastard. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Ironing board? I’d add a winky emoji thing to that but I hadn’t even considered it until somebody made that suggestion to me back in the days before trainer desks were even a thing.

1 Like

IRONING BOARD that’s genius! I thought my Cat Scratch post was inspired :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few posted on the Facebook group where people made their own. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TourofSufferlandria/permalink/2113908695300332/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TourofSufferlandria/permalink/1465088120182396/
There was a really nice wood one I saw recently,but I can’t remember if it was in the Sufferlandria group or not, and can’t find it now.

1 Like

Looking forward to the Suff store to start up again so I can fly the colors
Kinetic R1
Cannondale Synapse
Klein Pulse in background

4 Likes

Here’s my setup, been running it like this for a year or two now with Zwift but making the shift over to a more training based system. I’ve just had to rebuild the PC that runs the show as it blew up a few days after installing The Sufferfest - it clearly wasn’t hardcore enough :laughing:

6 Likes

some new flooring and a coat of paint for the paincave

6 Likes

I cleared all the tools out the garage. Hung the bikes, set up the trainer with a bit more space. Old TV is getting wall mounted shortly :grin:

6 Likes

My Pain Cave is now officially ready for #tos 2021 and so am I. Bring it on!

15 Likes

A small storage room in our home serves as a narrow albeit lit room for suffering…looking forward to my first ToS 2021

8 Likes

Have managed to wiggle everything around to get some room in the garage (aka an old shipping container). Does the job for now, and who doesn’t enjoy fairy lights for some crude lighting :laughing:

6 Likes

The basement at my girlfriend’s parents’. Temporary displacement because of the pandemic.

4 Likes

Hmmmm maybe I need fairy lights!

3 Likes

Just 7 days to go to get my suffer room ready for ToS.

3 Likes

Its a work in progress

8 Likes

Knock knock.
Who’s there?
It’s your mountain bike, man! Let me out!

9 Likes

That door leads out to my backyard and never gets used