Mike Cotty...ouch!

We are used to Sir Mike Cotty putting the hurt on us in the “On Location” videos but now Mike is suffering some pain himself as he crashed in Slovenia the day before yesterday and will have his collarbone screwed back together on Thursday. Not that this will slow him down, of course. He is his usual positive self and I am sure we all wish him a fast recovery!

21 Likes

@SirLeslieinCanada Tough news for Mike. Fortunately the recovery is fairly quick especially with surgery. I had a double break of my collar bone a few years ago.

7 Likes

“Fortunately” is doing a lot of work here… :thinking:

So sorry @michael.cotty! Be well and heal quickly - maybe rub some goat spit on it.

:mountain::goat: :goat: :goat:

6 Likes

Get well soon, @michael.cotty
Maybe sit down for a while too, take some weight off that collar bone :wink:
But best wishes for a speedy recovery.

7 Likes

Ditto! To all of the above.

2 Likes

Holy pain shakes batman. Get well soon @michael.cotty !

2 Likes

Oh no, heal up fast @michael.cotty and hope your bike is ok too!

2 Likes

Oh #@& that’s a good point. Did the bike get it? Tell us the bike is ok???

3 Likes

He joins those of us with at least one broken collarbone. He’ll heal quicker than I did as I wasn’t plated. Take things slowly and I hope there were no broken ribs to go with it.
Lastly, as others have said, “How is the bike”?

3 Likes

I second, and third, that one. Thankfully I’ve never had a broken collar bone, but plenty of cracked ribs from rugby injuries, and 5 broken ones last year from a crash. Just. Don’t. Sneeze.

2 Likes

Oh dear, please get well soon, @michael.cotty!
Best wishes for a quick recovery!

2 Likes

Enjoy the cookies and fruit while you recover @michael.cotty

Sorry to hear about the collarbone. Fit folk heal fast.
All the best for op and recovery.

Slainte

1 Like

Not just me then :grinning: 6 broken ribs (flail breaks no less) and a fractured pelvis here (my acid tablet and inferior pubic rami). Raced loads this year with no problems, and I crash during a slow Sunday bimble…

Going to be a few weeks off the bike and a slow recovery

3 Likes

Oh no, and welcome to the “I’m bionic” club. Heal fast @michael.cotty! Best advice is to move it as much as you can as soon as you can. You’ll heal quicker and it’ll feel better in the long run as you break up the scar tissue that tries to form.

2 Likes

Ouch -get well soon @michael.cotty

This is The Way Out!

For you Sir @michael.cotty!

2 Likes

Thank you all so much! Surgery went well today. Holy shizzle, whatever is in that general anaesthetic, now that’s how to sleep! Back on it and riding with you all again soon. Peace out :v:t3: :cow:

33 Likes

Heal quickly, @michael.cotty . I was ‘fortunate’ not not need the knife. However, your recovery period will be way shorter than two months and a lot less painful. Welcome to the ‘club’.

3 Likes

Honestly, looking at this picture I have to be far more careful with the bottled bronze fake tan in the future :wink:

12 Likes

Fast recovery and nice it all went well with the surgery! All the best.