More information on ToS for Newbies

For the badge: just get them done anytime within the Sufferlandria 50 hour day and they’ll count. GvA dictates that the doubles should be done back to back, no any minute break, but the gap between workouts is between you and your conscience.

3 Likes

For those with bladders of a certain age, the nature break will be all too likely, especially for the 2+ hours of Joy Ride + Cobbler!

Can’t help but wonder, for those who are working during the day, if it is happy coincidence or a deliberate choice of the planners that the longest workouts are on Sunday and Saturday.

Hi MMcMahon: this might not apply to you, but I use an iPad as my screen and recording device. I had dropouts quite regularly towards the middle/end of a workout. This stopped when I run it with a power lead in all the time. This is strange as the battery level never dropped below 50%, but it seems that it must have some power-throttling when not plugged in that affected Bluetooth.

1 Like

I too am eager to understand how to integrate outdoor riding with training plans. I like having my data compiled in one place and it would be great if I could adapt following training days to accommodate an outdoor ride that was longer, for example, than the indoor training session that was originally planned. And, while it should really count just for me, I’d like to have my calendar reflect that I DID do a training session rather than it seeming to reflect that I didn’t do the workout.

I have been training with The Sufferfest since 2016 but now have registered for the ToS for the first time (shame on me). Previous years it overlapped with beach-races I participated but obviously all of them were cancelled.

Just a question; do the stages appear as complete videos in the App or do I have to combine them myself?

And as I am intending to ride the ‘focused option’ I assume I have to adapt the intensity levels my self (e.g. only when you follow a plan the app will do so automatically?).

Looking forward to it!

Hi @Rob_Grift. You ride each individual workout, there are no combined stage videos this year. The ToS route is available as a plan so you can apply that to your calendar then launch workouts from there and any adjustments will be applied automatically. Enjoy your first Tour!

2 Likes

Thank you Sir :slight_smile:

So. I’ve been reading all the ToS threads for a while. I was originally due to be away over the ToS week with no access to a bike. It’s also a rest week in the tri plan that I’m halfway through.

Covid has predictably cancelled the trip away and will most likely cancel the event I was targetting. An old running injury is starting to niggle after ramping up the running over the last month so today I signed up for the tour and I’ll just drop the runs for a week.

I intend to continue with the training plan after this so let’s see how the lack of rest week works out… I can’t wait for Norway.

L

edit: first ToS for me by the way…

2 Likes

Hello, just a quick question, is the stages order important? For instance, for the fist day, I guess it’s ok to start with cobbler then ride Joyride later, right?
Thanks

The intention is to do them in the order they appear, with no break.

Imagine a day on the Tour de France… some riders do a 30 min ride between two villages, then take a break for a few hours, then go to the next village over the next 2 hours. That’d be weird, right?