Nit-Picks and Typos

Thanks, Chris. New version of that one coming later this week.

3 Likes

Hi @gpsjared

Screenshot of the description

1 Like

Aha - yes, I’ll get the team to fix :handshake:

Rode AC Progression 3: 2 Sets 8 x 20/40 this morning (which stung).

Between the two sets, some text comes up saying there is 20 seconds until the second set - but there is actually 2 minutes to go (which is just as well!)

Is there a reason why progress bar on the shorter videos (<30min?) does not take entire width of the screen?

Can see perfect example in Harpoon’s screenshot above.

It shouldn’t annoy me as much it does. :triumph::joy:

1 Like

I’d guess it has something to do with scale. If they stretched this one out across the whole screen those AC efforts would appear to be very long. By keeping all the graphs one scale the actual time spent in each of the efforts is “predictable” across all vids/no-vids.

2 Likes

A very inconsistent scale I dare say. It seems like time scale is fixed resolution as it looks very different on 2 devices I interchange regularly. As a reference two screenshots of a same session, The Cure.

Android app on Pixels 6 (2400 x 1080) the time scale takes up almost entire width of the screen.

Yet on Win 11 app on 4K TV (3840 x 2160) the scale takes up less than half the screen width. The time scale is just about useless on the Windows device once the thick green power trace line goes over the top of those short intervals.

1 Like

Not being overly techy, won’t different resolutions have different appearances anyway?

I suppose one solution would be to centre the graph/time section so it would retain the scale but stretch out based on screen size and workout length. I can’t imagine getting this to look the same on so many different devices and screen sizes/resolution would be very simple. But sure, I’ll vote for a more consistent look across devices/platforms.

1 Like

Yes, if the element has fixed resolution. We can see the rest of the elements on the video properly scaling to the different screen size and resolution.

Given the shortest videos are ~30min long, app should dynamically resize say 30min time scale to fit the screen width, irrespective of the screen ratio and resolution. That way we will get more uniform look across devices and time scale that fills the bottom of the screen fully.

Personally, I like that the timescale is fixed as opposed to always filling the screen. I suspect that’s why 30 minute workouts don’t fill the screen and 2 hour workouts are larger than the whole screen and scroll across during the workout. With a fixed timescale, I’ve learned to estimate the number of minutes/seconds until changes (which matters when there are power changes within an interval). That would be much harder if the timescale weren’t fixed.

5 Likes

I’ve not been back for a full session in the SUF Mines to check if this is now corrected but the other day I visited the Tool Shed and the same “Even Lower” instruction comes at the beginning of the 11th dig.

Kind of a minor thing, but I just did Elements Of Style and some of the muscle group callouts for the various phases of crank rotation are wack. Also, for me anyway, 90 rpm is kinda fast for trying to concentrate on the individual phases, which only last 0.38 sec at the speed. IMO, it’d be better to use lower cadence initially, then increase cadence during the workout.

I’ve thought a third timer would be useful at times. You might be in a 10 minute block, so the overall block timer is 10 minutes but then a further breakdown to show the current part is 3 minutes (as an example).

Not needed for a straight out on/off kicking like Revolver or Half is Easier but would be nice elsewhere.

1 Like

In The Shovel, during the 1st shovel a lot of (don’t remember how much… it’s all kind of fuzzy) the video is behind the intervals by a little over a second.

Seems to be right on in the 2nd shovel. :+1:

Edit: and it was a downloaded copy. I just downloaded it on Wednesday.

I think I’ve fixed this up now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just guessing the title has to be adjusted. 2 blocks of 4x15

PS. This was a great workout practicing for the sprints in FF.

@David.McQuillen.KoS Hi. Still not changed.

2 Likes

On the new AWW UCI, the Road session - we’re introduced to Maddie as Maud Elaine Le Roux, but her name is actually Madeleine (as can be seen by the label on her bike cage later on).

(Also, on these videos, it took a while for me to get to grips with the various people in the group. It might be nice to have a graphic with the list of names on the side, with each one being highlighted as they’re introduced. Slightly more engaging that way.)

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is in your gift or not, but there are a number of [unclear] bits in the ‘Making of an Hour Record’ surtitles. One is near the start, where Rohan’s about to get on the scale, and he’s saying ‘Do you want to weigh me?’ In an Australian accent, it sounds like ‘whimey’.

There’s another one where I think he says ‘if I’ve got gas left’ which is transcribed as ‘got gasoline’ which I doubt an Australian would ever say.

Damn - there was another one where the older swiss BMC guy is talking, but I’ve forgotten it now…

I recently did the ‘MAP: 2 Sets 8 x 1’ workout as an outdoor workout.

It’s supposed to be 3 hours with 8 MAP intervals at the start and 8 at the end, and it shows as this in the SYSTM app - but, when I opened the workout on my Elemnt, it loaded up as a workout approximately 5hrs 20m long, with an additional 16 MAP intervals in the middle.

I didn’t need that extra couple of hours and twice the intervals!

I couldn’t replicate what you saw.
Was it a once off? Or does it all the time with that workout? Or does it with other workouts too?