Nit-Picks and Typos

OK this is weird, the other day I couldn’t fix it, but I just tried again and now I can’t reproduce it. I guess there’s nothing to fix then!

1 Like

Did The Chores today.
Noticed 2 places that my KICKR Bike bogged down badly for about 3 seconds when it should have dropped off the resistance because the end of the 10-second transition had come. Both stumbled me way down on cadence and forced a hard push to get up to cadence against the suddenly much-too-high resistance.

The first time happened right at the end of the SECOND 40-second REP in the SECOND SET.

The other time was at the very end of the FINAL, EXTENDED, BELOW THRESHOLD MULTI-MINUTE PUSH before finishing the workout with a little recovery.

Not sure why this happened, but suspect it wasn’t my KICKR Bike malfunctioning because it was excellent throughout all the rest of the rapidly-changing workout.

@AlexEllermann They fixed this description right after I made this comment, are you sure you have the most up to date version? It is now an Active Recovery ride with a revised IF and description.

There is a historical error in Outskirts 3: The Shadow of the East.
At 39:44, the question was asked when did Kruševo, Macedonia revolt against the Ottomans.

The answer (which to my best understanding is transcribed correctly in the sub-titles) is 1993 or 1992.

The Ottoman Empire was long since gone by then. The Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising was in 1903.

1 Like

I’m sorry, @Heretic. I’m lacking context. I don’t see an earlier post from myself on this subject, and I don’t recall what I may have written about it in another thread. It has been some time since I’ve ridden the workout in question.

FWIW, I do keep my software updated.

1 Like

She actually calls herself Madelaine (Maude Elaine) on Strava, so we may be ok here…

2 Likes

My point is that Madeleine <> Maud Elaine. The former is a very common name in SA. The latter is definitely not, particularly among the language group that she’s from. To put this in perspective, if you had a Frenchman named Jean-Roux and called him John Ray, do you think he’d be chuffed?

I’m not sure I see your point either Sir. Maybe I’m being thick (probably), but, like @leebo said, if she calls herself Madelaine (Maud Elaine) le Roux on Strava I don’t see the issue?

2 Likes

Ah - yes, I am being a bit thick. I’d misunderstood. Apologies!

2 Likes

No apologies needed Sir! Well one of us had to be thick, and I’m glad that this time it wasn’t me :wink:

1 Like

Sir Glen, there has to be a first time for everything! :grin:

4 Likes

Hey, I resemble that remark Sir Stuart!

2 Likes

Extra Shot @ 15:51, the gradient jumps to 9%, where the video shows the riders on flat road. Caught me out on the section where you hope to get a bit of a breather.

1 Like

Yes it does

OK, minions, here’s one for you…

A lot of the running workouts are a bit schizophrenic when giving the %age of pace. Within the same workout it is sometimes referred to as FTP, and in other RTP.

I think it should be RTP in all places, as that’s referenced in the supporting guidance Understanding your Running workouts – Wahoo Fitness Support

In other parts of the same workout it can also say “FP”, which I guess is copy / paste from cycling workouts? Unless Wahoo intend to start using Power metrics for running, whcih would be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, and just one more thing… /Columbo

I did “8 X 2 minutes Above Threshold” the other week, and it instructed:
Interval Effort: RPE 7.5 - 8.5 – 100-92% of RTP–HR 100-105% (Z4b)

Tomorrow I’m scheduled to do “8 X 3 minutes Sub Threshold”, but it also instructs:
Interval Effort: RPE 7-7.5 – 100-92% of RTP–HR 100-105% (Z4a)

100-92% of RTP–HR 100-105% can’t be “Above Threshold” and "Sub Threshold.

Looking at the RPE and Z values for both of them, it looks like the Sub Threshold should be

107-100% of RTP – HR 95-100%

1 Like

The description for Cobbler says there are three 25 minute efforts. I did Cobbler on Sunday and the efforts were 23:11, 25, and 24:30 minutes.

Was I shortchanged in my suffering?

Good catch. I added the word ‘roughly’ to clear eveything up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fixed, thanks.

2 Likes

ProRide Tasmania Kunanyi / Mt Wellington: two audio clips at the same time. Nicole overlaps herself @ 37:42