Nit-Picks and Typos

I’m going through all the vids in alphabetical order. Lockdown fun.
GAWI has developed multiple formatting errors (unnecessary spaces) in the info boxes, that I haven’t noticed before. Eg at 16:14 17:50 20:47 20:57 26:30 30:26 31:20 37:11 37:21 40:50

Do as You’re Told at 1:41 PhDs as a plural does not require an apostrophe.

4 Likes

Here is a really small one: in the second set of shovel intervals, after the fifth interval, the color or the box around “recover” is not red, but some kind of pink, or maybe it was the blood in my eyes…

1 Like

Info box formatting errors have appeared in G.O.A.T. (iPhone and iPad) The information boxes with longer text no longer wrap and the writing goes off the screen.

2 Likes

punctuation can save lives, as in “let’s go eat, Couchlandrians” vs. “let’s go eat Couchlandrians” :laughing:

7 Likes

Found another one in team scream today …

“1ability”

3 Likes

Not a nit-pick as such, but it seemed like thin air has quite a timing error with regards to targets and on-screen footage when it comes to the final 40min climb of thin air.

2 Likes

@Ross, yes. And revolver too. I always mentally prepare for 15 intervals only to be blindsided… and one has a timing glitch too.

3 Likes

Lol, I’m actually not joking though, the timing is quite far off in places in terms of the video footage and the power targets.

2 Likes

I think that may be where there was an old video and I ignore the screen if the picture quality is low.

1 Like

The Way Out, 7 mins in, “Genepi la” should be Genepi, a"

2 Likes

It should then also be “liqueur”

3 Likes

Kitchen Sink - at 2:11:42 looks like he’s get a mechanical

Revolver 21:37 UCI road world champs (Women’s)
Surely the (women’s) is redundant

Revolver is Easy 22:08 same issue

3 Likes

The Hunted
At 28:54 Euskaltel not Euskatel. 37:04 Gesink not Gesing

1 Like

Strength training 1A - the female model’s watch is on left wrist, then right wrist, then disappears within the first 30 seconds

1 Like

The forum header doesn’t look that great in dark mode. At least on a 5K retina screen I can read wahoo, but other than on that, it’s gone…

1 Like

I did “Defender” today and during the recovery period just before the last of the four large intervals it says something like:

Picture your reason here

Enclosed in “<“ and “>”, which the forum software keeps interpreting as an HTML tag.

There is an extra space after “here” and before the “>”. I tried to take a picture of it but failed terribly. I didn’t even get a clear enough picture to read any of the text (including the timing). It occurs right before the phrase “Got it?” appears. I’m going to post my picture so you all can chuckle at my attempt.

3 Likes

I had this same issue with the formatting of the text boxes. The text was not word-wrapping, but instead running off the right side of the screen. I happened in G.O.A.T and today had it happen in Getting Away With It. I e-mailed support and they looked into it. It seems to be an app graphics issue that they are now working on.

2 Likes

I’ve found a few other typos in the No Vid workouts. I reported a couple to support. When I run across any of the other ones, again, I’ll post them here.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Finally somewhere to realse my inner nitpicker!

The Get To The Other Side at just before 50mins (as Mike C wrestles with a cow):

“Cows can run up to 20 mph / 34 kph”.

20mph is 32.19 km/h. Perhaps not the most important of points, I know.

5 Likes

The one running miles is probably English or American - it is a well known fact that for example Dutch or Swiss cows, can run faster :rofl:

6 Likes