Post your Wahooligan Tour community group rides

Interesting. I do always feel jetlagged for a couple of days after clocks change too.

1 Like

That is a well-known phenomenon.

1 Like

For a long while the US state of Indiana had four time periods during DST.

The state is divided between the Eastern and Central time zones. By now, most of them are on Eastern Time.

At one time different parts of those zones did or did not go on Daylight Savings Time. I think now the entire state goes on DST.

2 Likes

Queensland in Australia is the only state that doesn’t do daylight savings. They claim it’s because the cows don’t like it. :rofl:

5 Likes

More like the dairy farmers don’t like it! Suddenly you’re milking at 5 am instead of 6.

2 Likes

You might be onto something there :rofl:
Oddly enough, cows in New Zealand and other parts of Australia seem fine with clocks changing.

Also more like 4am instead of 5am. My cousin here is a dairy farmer, and she’s up at 4.30 and milking by 5 every day. Bless her heart, I think of her every time I have yoghurt with my breakfast!

2 Likes

My farming friends/family roll their eyes every time someone suggests DST has anything to do with farming. They work when light and weather allow, except the aforementioned dairy farmers, who keep to the schedule regardless of any messing with clocks. Like so many things, I’m pretty sure it started with a plan to get people to shop more and was sold as a way to help farmers pick our lettuce while the dew still glistened upon it, or some such twaddle.

3 Likes

Very likely!

I have two things going against me and DST, I live in the north of the US and I live in farm country. Cows get milked when the cows want to be milked, not when the clock says. Farmers don’t need sunlight to harvest anything, tractors and combines have more lights on them an airfield. Most farmers prefer to harvest at night anyway, less people in their way when transporting large equipment from field to field.

Also personally, I get up at 4:30 am to leave my house at 5:00 am, I don’t see daylight much on my way to work except maybe a month in the summer, screw the time change. - designated clock changer in his house

2 Likes

@Sir_Alan , are you by chance in Minnesota?

1 Like

@DameCristy I claim to be from two states and sentenced to a third.

Born/raised in International Falls, MN
College in Houghton, MI
Banished to the greater (not) Green Bay, WI area for the last 16 years.

2 Likes

Saint Paul resident here :slight_smile:

I bike through Houghton when riding the Tour da Yoop, Eh (tour around the perimeter of the UP). Lovely town, and good cycling around there.

Hi Dame @DameLisa , i tried to follow the link to the so called Queen Stage aka stage 7, but when RGT opens it says invalid date.

1 Like

Hi @Tiago_Branco I killed my ride for stage 7 and will ride on one of the Wahoo ones instead. Sorry about that. Am riding at (I think) the 2nd one…it’s middle of the night ish on Friday UK time.

2 Likes

Good morning @DameLisa! :stuck_out_tongue:
May you have a good Suffering stage!

I would like to experience a group ride, will see if anyone fits.

2 Likes

I will need to do the first Wahoo organised RGT ride, today (Fri) at 3pm gmt, the second one is at a very anti-social time for us here! Especially as I’m out for a celebratory dinner tonight (yes pain shakes, nails, shredded chamois in bao buns, the works), and riding…outside…tmrw early doors. Hope I remember how to do it…

So I’ll see you all in the 9 Hammers Tavern, with bottles of real pagne on ice (well, lava). And some Cullens 10 shots… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Oh, they have a new line of shots in, pick your poison…

3 Likes

Ooooooo :nauseated_face: