Preparing for the Wahooligan Tour

First hot take. About what I expected from the ********* Tour’s “expanded universe”.

:star::star::star::star: 1:21, 122 combined TSS, classic stages, and Cash Register in honor of @DPhin. Worthy of a Sufferlandrian Tour.

:star::star::star: A worthy ride, and also honors DPF, but by itself? We literally closed out the 2021 ToS with Defender and Attacker back-to-back.

:star::star:(ish) A hard effort, and no question the toughest ride in the @Coach.Neal.H library, but more than 1/3 of the stages are going to be ride-alongs? No offense, and I get what you’re trying to do here, Wahoo, but these types of videos (to me) are good for a couple of times, then I tend to find something else to do to pass the time. Not what I’d want to see for Tour stages.

:star:(ish) Man, you guys are going to make me razz on Sir @michael.cotty! :face_with_diagonal_mouth: I mean, it’s fine. It’s not hard (58min/46TSS) - the third “easiest” On Location ride by TSS. I literally just did this yesterday as a recovery ride and found it less engaging than any number of other On Location vids. (Sorry Mike, we love you!)

:star::star::star::star: (presumptive). Yeah, no worries here. Adding the first ProRide to the ToS a couple years ago (Norway) was as cool as it was gruesome. The Tour de Suisse 1 is one of the most horrible ProRides, so I’m sure the ladies won’t disappoint. So OK. Bonus star for shiny new toy.

:star: Hard, hard ride, no question. Yet another ride-along. And we literally JUST DID THIS ONE for the UCI challenge in December? Think I will queue up Band of Brothers, in honor of DPF and Team 7-Eleven, to watch while I do this one. Will even wear my 7-eleven kit. Everyone is welcome to join me.

Unknown potential. Stelvio group ride would be awesome. Stelvio group ride on RGT could be…great? hot mess? :thinking:

Anyway, just my gut reaction. Take it for what you will. Rides will be ridden, adult recovery beverages will be consumed. Long live Sufferlandria.

10 Likes