Software crash when starting video training

Hello

I haven’t used SYSTM for a few weeks. A few days ago I went back to the software. It turned out that I have, among others out of date credit card details so I updated it, but the software was also updated to 7.13.1. It all coincided with a server crash. Since then, I have had a problem on my Windows 8.1 computer playing training videos. When PLAY is turned on, the program turns off. Workouts without video work fine.
Since I still have The Sufferfest app and the SYSTM training plan also appears in it, I can run the same workouts via The Sufferfest. Everything works fine here.

1 Like

SYSTM requires Windows10 from what I remember. Windows8 is a hit and miss…

1 Like

@jmckenzieKOS is right and complete minimum software requirements you can find here https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405441089426

Plus Windows 8 is not maintained by Microsoft. Your system is at risk and you might lose more than the ability to ride your bike.

I have the same problem and want to download an older version of Systm! Somebody know where i can get an older version?

1 Like

For now, Windows 8 is being updated by microsoft. Yesterday it downloaded and installed another update.
But as I can see, the SYSTM system requirements actually only include Windows 10. And I don’t like it :stuck_out_tongue:

Today, while browsing my computer, in the Download folder I found the file SYSTM.Setup.7.2.1.exe with a volume of 129 234 KB with the modification date September 30, 2021. I clicked on it and the SYSTM application started. After I start training, the video works fine! Out of curiosity, I checked again what version is available on the official Wahoo website and it is 7.18.0. On a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop computer with Windows 8.1, version 7.18.0 is also installed.
Back from the future? :wink:
By the way, I wonder why in the “About” tab “amd64” is displayed as the system architecture when both computers work on Intel I7 processors.

Is it possible you give me a link to your old Systm 7.2.1 Version?

Thanks a lot

Robert

IIRC, AMD developed the 64 bit extensions for x86 processors as Intel was trying to go down a different route with Itanium processors. I think Intel ended up licensing x64 back from AMD (or parts of it).

2 Likes

I don’t know where this file is on the internet, but contact me at piotr.pacewicz@gmail.com

1 Like

I am ignorant :crazy_face:

Something very close to that, yes.
Just confirming :smiley: