Stages Cycling (power meters) Bankrupt?

There’s some gossip that Stages Cycling has laid off all of its staff:

Stages Cycling is seemingly the latest casualty of the ongoing industry crisis with sources close to the company indicating it laid off all its staff last week, as the company appears to edge closer to ceasing operations.

Source:

It would explain why my support ticket remains unanswered…

1 Like

Well that’s unfortunate. I bought their power meter specifically because I thought they had some longevity to them.

On that subject, does anyone know if the spider based systems like power2max and rotor have updated to have compatibility with Shimano 12 speed? They made a slight gap change between the chain rings from 11 speed to 12 speed and when I bought the 12 speed guess what didn’t work when I tried to swap it over?

I want to say it was like a 1-1.5 mm width difference and with the new shimano 12 speed front derailleur, there’s no real throw distance adjustment to try and get it to work so I went with a left arm stages because it was the easiest fix at the time.

1 Like

I had a single sided Stages PM on a 105 crank that was flawless. Just sold it as I’ve got a 4iiii single sided on a newer crank.

Never had any issues with Stages (or, for my money and my purposes, the single sided option).

Sir Erik @TrapMeSuf, hopefully the hive mind can help you figure out your issue :pray:

3 Likes

Yeah they’re gone. All staff laid off, orders cancelled. All products showing out of stock.

2 Likes

Could end up in a Giant takeover, tho…

2 Likes

Presto…

So glad the executives found a safe landing. I’m sure they’re taking care of their work force as well.

:roll_eyes:

#sarcasmface

4 Likes

#dislike

2 Likes

Yeah - nice look. Giant is literally suing them into oblivion for $400M in unpaid invoices, but they golden parachute the execs.

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

That’s in NT so about 13 million US, but still, :man_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Ah - missed that in a quick skim.

:+1:t3:

3 Likes